How to promote gig and get first order?

rabbe26944

54 minutes ago, rabbe26944 said:

any one can suggest me how can i promote gig and get my first order.

Figure out who your target customers are, research their needs and interests, and then go to where those target customers are located, and convince them to hire you. That is how you promote your gig and earn orders.

I am new to Fiverr, my profile has just got 1 order. I have been working outside of Fiverr and also being doing a lot of research. This is what I have found in my research and what I do to get business (not just Fiverr but directly too).

1. Select your niche

This is very important. There are thousands of gigs on every broad category of Fiverr. You can not get into the marketplace with wide niche gigs like content writing, graphic design, WordPress, etc. A lot of niche are competitive. So you need to be creative in offering your services. For instance, what I have started to do is instead of giving WordPress designing, I am giving WordPress support (this is the gig where I got an order). 

This way I am able to target people who are looking for quick support and already have a website.

This is something that I also wrote in one of the other Forums:

2. ALWAYS play to your strengths

If you position yourself as a generalist, you will find it hard to win the trust of potential clients. Create a specialty for instance if you are doing WP designs see how you can help lawyers and target them to get their website done or cooking websites. Having a very general "WordPress designer" will not help. You will also need to put it in a similar way within your profile.

As mentioned above, even though I have a lot of WordPress experience I focus on Bug fixing and WP optimization. I am not going full blown "General" - focused my skills down to what I am good at. 

Or when it comes to system admin, I am only focusing on cPanel/Plesk administration.

3. Identify Your Target Audience

This is something a lot of people have spoken about in Fiverr Forums. I am also trying to figure out what can be done and how to do it. As I will learn on this, I will come back and update this section.

4. Be Online as Frequently as you can.

Buyers want sellers to respond quickly. To facilitate faster response, Fiverr gives buyers an option to see which sellers are online, as seen in the below image.

372826044_Screenshotfrom2022-06-2210-55-57.thumb.png.9ee9c99e4e497b18c7426ce9a461e2bd.png

If you are online, the chances of your gig being seen increase. I have downloaded Fiverr app and I appear to be online most of the times.

5. Create High Quality Gig Images

One of the things I have noticed on Fiverr that most of the successful sellers have got images which talks about their services. They have created high quality images. You can use something as simple as Canva and use templates that are there. I have created my Gig images via that.

Also my clicks improved once I updated my gig images.

6. Promote your Gigs on Social Media

A lot of experts within the forums are divided on the same. For me, I am still playing around with this ideas. I am tweeting about my services on Fiverr. I do have over quite a bit of Twitter following so I am not sure. One of the things you need to be careful is to avoid FB Groups on Fiverr gig exchanges and things like that. It's a sure shot way to getting banned. Don't do anything that is not right as Fiverr algo's are very clever and can ban you quite immediately.

7. NEVER Spread Yourself too Thin

Point is only only about Fiverr, but outside too. If you spread yourself too thin, it will drain you. This also means that you need to avoid clients are who are not reasonable. I do say NO to a lot of clients. Working with good clients means that they will come back to you and you will get repeat orders. This is something that Fiverr likes, get repeat orders.

This is one of the reasons I am not doing gigs like WP designing via Fiverr. But doing WP Support means that the clients will come back for more.

I hope this helps.

I will come back later and will keep updating this post as and how I learn new things.

Guest darkanimations
2 hours ago, rabbe26944 said:

I am new seller in fiverr. I don't know about more than fiverr. I am not yet get any order. any one can suggest me how can i promote gig and get my first order. Please 🙂

It's Depends on your services, example: if you are a graphic designer then go to instagram, linkedin and facebook

10 hours ago, darkanimations said:

It's Depends on your services, example: if you are a graphic designer then go to instagram, linkedin and facebook

When you are on FB/IG/LinkedIn the effort is a lot more to generate the leads. With Fiverr it's a ready platform and a marketplace. Surely sellers who are old have an advantage and vintage. New seller the selling will be uphill. But should be worth the effort.

15 hours ago, rabbe26944 said:

I am new seller in fiverr. I don't know about more than fiverr. I am not yet get any order. any one can suggest me how can i promote gig and get my first order. Please 🙂

1. You can promote your gig on social media platform like Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn also good platform 

2. find out your potential customer which person to need your service and create some discount for your customer it's help to get your order 

Thank you 🙂

On 6/22/2022 at 11:08 AM, gnosysfiverr said:

I am new to Fiverr, my profile has just got 1 order. I have been working outside of Fiverr and also being doing a lot of research. This is what I have found in my research and what I do to get business (not just Fiverr but directly too).

1. Select your niche

This is very important. There are thousands of gigs on every broad category of Fiverr. You can not get into the marketplace with wide niche gigs like content writing, graphic design, WordPress, etc. A lot of niche are competitive. So you need to be creative in offering your services. For instance, what I have started to do is instead of giving WordPress designing, I am giving WordPress support (this is the gig where I got an order). 

This way I am able to target people who are looking for quick support and already have a website.

This is something that I also wrote in one of the other Forums:

2. ALWAYS play to your strengths

If you position yourself as a generalist, you will find it hard to win the trust of potential clients. Create a specialty for instance if you are doing WP designs see how you can help lawyers and target them to get their website done or cooking websites. Having a very general "WordPress designer" will not help. You will also need to put it in a similar way within your profile.

As mentioned above, even though I have a lot of WordPress experience I focus on Bug fixing and WP optimization. I am not going full blown "General" - focused my skills down to what I am good at. 

Or when it comes to system admin, I am only focusing on cPanel/Plesk administration.

3. Identify Your Target Audience

This is something a lot of people have spoken about in Fiverr Forums. I am also trying to figure out what can be done and how to do it. As I will learn on this, I will come back and update this section.

4. Be Online as Frequently as you can.

Buyers want sellers to respond quickly. To facilitate faster response, Fiverr gives buyers an option to see which sellers are online, as seen in the below image.

372826044_Screenshotfrom2022-06-2210-55-57.thumb.png.9ee9c99e4e497b18c7426ce9a461e2bd.png

If you are online, the chances of your gig being seen increase. I have downloaded Fiverr app and I appear to be online most of the times.

5. Create High Quality Gig Images

One of the things I have noticed on Fiverr that most of the successful sellers have got images which talks about their services. They have created high quality images. You can use something as simple as Canva and use templates that are there. I have created my Gig images via that.

Also my clicks improved once I updated my gig images.

6. Promote your Gigs on Social Media

A lot of experts within the forums are divided on the same. For me, I am still playing around with this ideas. I am tweeting about my services on Fiverr. I do have over quite a bit of Twitter following so I am not sure. One of the things you need to be careful is to avoid FB Groups on Fiverr gig exchanges and things like that. It's a sure shot way to getting banned. Don't do anything that is not right as Fiverr algo's are very clever and can ban you quite immediately.

7. NEVER Spread Yourself too Thin

Point is only only about Fiverr, but outside too. If you spread yourself too thin, it will drain you. This also means that you need to avoid clients are who are not reasonable. I do say NO to a lot of clients. Working with good clients means that they will come back to you and you will get repeat orders. This is something that Fiverr likes, get repeat orders.

This is one of the reasons I am not doing gigs like WP designing via Fiverr. But doing WP Support means that the clients will come back for more.

I hope this helps.

I will come back later and will keep updating this post as and how I learn new things.

I was having a discussion on another thread and I thought this is very useful to this topic too where I talk about price:

Archived