Service Fees?

gooberella

Question

4 answers to this question

Fiverr always had service fees. You never saw it because you never bought anything. That's why a lot of people want to make larger purchases, due to the service fee. And that's also what makes a $5 gig less attractive to a buyer, since they have to pay almost half that as an extra in the form of a service fee. So, it has been a thing for a long time. Initially it was 50 cents when I arrived on the platform, then it gradually changed over the years....

• Like 9
  • Up 2

Yea but what is unacceptable is that Fiverr charges double fees on both the initial transaction AND on the tip.  I just incurred this and came here looking to see if this is making anyone else upset.  That is outrageous - for a $10 transaction with a $5 tip I was charged $4 plus 5.5% in fees.  If fiverr wants to charge a single fee per transaction based on value, that's reasonable, but doubling up on fees because you want to tip?  Garbage practice that sellers should be really upset about (because it will stifle tips) and that buyers should be upset about (because it's ridiculous). 

Edited by xing6666
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, xing6666 said:

Yea but what is unacceptable is that Fiverr charges double fees on both the initial transaction AND on the tip

They are two separate transactions. As for the tip thing, if you don't pay fees on a tip, obviously a lot of people would try to cheat the system and pay fees only for $5, then the rest would be sent in the form of a tip. So you can see why there's a fee for every transaction.

If you think that the transaction fees are high, you can always raise your prices, that will cover such a thing.

31 minutes ago, xing6666 said:

buyers should be upset about (because it's ridiculous). 

Not if you have prices where you already included any fees from your side.

• Like 6