What to do if asked to do extra work after order delivery

arifulnet

Question

Hope everybody is doing well.

I am a new sellerA few days ago, someone hired me to create and manage one of his Facebook ads for 10 days. But later he got four Facebook ads and a Google search ad for five different websites. I deliver it when my order right time. My honorable buyer will accept it and give me 5 star review. But they did not pay me any extra for this extra work. After delivering the order, he is managing the campaigns with me and asking me to create two more new Google Ads and a new Facebook Ads. But for this he is not agreeing to give me any order or money.

Now if I return this offer to him, will he be able to get angry and cancel the review or make any complain to Fiverr?

And what should I do at this moment?

I seek guidelines from experienced sellers/buyers.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

3 answers to this question

If your order is already completed and gave you review. Then there is no option to cancel the review.

But reporting can happen anytime.

You can discuss with your buyer that, you've worked more than the service you both agreed at beginning. To maintain a good relation relation you skipped additional payment.

But for new task, need to place another order and also if the requirement or workload increases, that need to be adjusted with additional budget.

If the order is not completed, then you can contact fiverr support here https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/orders/current-orders/issue-with-an-order/create-ticket and explain your situation. Support will definitely help you if you're being a victim.

5 hours ago, arifulnet said:

My honorable buyer will accept it and give me 5 star review. But they did not pay me any extra for this extra work. After delivering the order, he is managing the campaigns with me and asking me to create two more new Google Ads and a new Facebook Ads. But for this he is not agreeing to give me any order or money.

Firstly, that buyer is anything but "honorable." 😬

Second, you are a freelancer, not a volunteer. If the buyer wants work completed, then payment must be made upfront.

Third, if the buyer is already milking you for all that you are worth and extracting extra work for no extra payment, then that is a failure on your part for not standing up for yourself, putting your foot down, and delivering ONLY what was promised in the initial delivery and not a tiny bit more.

5 hours ago, arifulnet said:

Now if I return this offer to him, will he be able to get angry and cancel the review or make any complain to Fiverr?

He can complain to Fiverr for whatever reason he deems fit. It doesn't change the fact that you (hopefully) delivered what you were supposed to deliver.

Block the buyer and don't become a door mat for future buyers.

4 hours ago, enunciator said:

Firstly, that buyer is anything but "honorable." 😬

Second, you are a freelancer, not a volunteer. If the buyer wants work completed, then payment must be made upfront.

Third, if the buyer is already milking you for all that you are worth and extracting extra work for no extra payment, then that is a failure on your part for not standing up for yourself, putting your foot down, and delivering ONLY what was promised in the initial delivery and not a tiny bit more.

He can complain to Fiverr for whatever reason he deems fit. It doesn't change the fact that you (hopefully) delivered what you were supposed to deliver.

Block the buyer and don't become a door mat for future buyers.

Sir,

Thanks for your suggestion

Archived