Question and suggestion regarding gig portfolio functionality (live portfolio)

malikashlykova

Question

Hello to everybody.

I have a question about live portfolio option. For example when I deliver an order and turn off the live portfolio just before the delivery, can I turn it on right after the delivery is made or should I wait until buyer confirms the delivery? Why there is no option to avoid adding particular work to portfolio right in the delivery window?  I dont want to turn off whole portfolio just because of one delivery. Maybe somebody knows some tips what to do in such cases? I know it is possible to add an image during delivery and choose this image as portfolio sample but this is not a good solution . Because it still takes unnecessary space in portfolio and I have to explain to the buyer why I added unrelated files to the delivery. It is not a big issue though but It will be great to have a better solution for cases like that. I hope I make sense 🙂 . Thanks!

2 answers to this question

To disable your Live Portfolio and keep your deliveries private:
  1. Once logged in, from the Selling menu, click Gigs.
  2. From within the Gig list, click to open the drop-down to the right and uncheck LIVE PORTFOLIO.

Notes:
    - If you selected 
    LIVE PORTFOLIO, the buyer will have the option to display or remove your delivered work.
    - Once you activate your live portfolio, it takes effect from that point on and does not show past work samples.

- If you wish to prevent a specific order from creating a work sample, you can deliver the work in a compressed folder, or using a third-party file sharing service that does not require you to share emails with the buyer. 
  3. The above is from the Help Centre.

Thank you for your reply 

On 11/20/2021 at 7:35 PM, lloydsolutions said:
To disable your Live Portfolio and keep your deliveries private:
  1. Once logged in, from the Selling menu, click Gigs.
  2. From within the Gig list, click to open the drop-down to the right and uncheck LIVE PORTFOLIO.

Notes:
    - If you selected 
    LIVE PORTFOLIO, the buyer will have the option to display or remove your delivered work.
    - Once you activate your live portfolio, it takes effect from that point on and does not show past work samples.

- If you wish to prevent a specific order from creating a work sample, you can deliver the work in a compressed folder, or using a third-party file sharing service that does not require you to share emails with the buyer. 
  3. The above is from the Help Centre.

Thank you for your reply! But still both this options "deliver the work in a compressed folder, or using a third-party file sharing service" will be without fiverr watermark which is not ideal. 

Archived