whoa!!!!! Does it REALLY take over TWO WEEKS to get paid for a job once you've completed it in?

coz_holly

Question

I'm broke, have no job and need to buy a lot of stuff I'm running out of, so if Fiverr takes over two weeks to get you actual money in the bank, I'm not going to have to set some time aside to go knocking doors for yardwork, which I barely have enough tools for.
I finished a job five days ago and the "earnings" tab I clicked said the payment was pending clearing until OCTOBER 13th!  That's waiting 17 DAYS for 12 dollars!!!!  Is it always going to be like that or is this due to some problem ?  I need to know right away so I can start looking for labor gigs locally.  I suppose waiting that long to get paid is okay if I have stead work-- the payments will eventually cash out over time, but that kind of time isn't very useful when you have few jobs and get paid in small increments. 
Really really, is this how long they take to give you any money that you can redeem?

6 answers to this question

Yep, there's a 14-day clearance period on Fiverr, which starts the moment an order is marked as complete. Sometimes orders are left to autocomplete, which takes three days. For these orders, sellers have to wait 17 days in total to get their money (not taking into account any waiting periods from payment providers). 

If you're a TRS, Pro, or Seller Plus member, you can get paid quicker. 

26 minutes ago, coz_holly said:

Really really, is this how long they take to give you any money that you can redeem?

Where I last worked I got paid monthly so getting paid once every two weeks is not an issue for me.
However, if it were a problem I would stop by the plethora of places in my small city that have signs in the window offering sign on bonuses, and pretty darn good wages.

36 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Where I last worked I got paid monthly so getting paid once every two weeks is not an issue for me.
However, if it were a problem I would stop by the plethora of places in my small city that have signs in the window offering sign on bonuses, and pretty darn good wages.

Thanks, but I'd rather earn my own peanuts than work for peanuts for someone else.  I'm determined to change my life and make this work.  I'll do odd jobs for people, but you'll never catch me signing up to anything long term again unless it is work that uses my talents and pays well.

Yes if it's the thumbnails on the videos, I scaled them to 640X360 and they still came out the incorrect size.  Never seen a website where you have to rescale thumbnails to different dimention than the move video aspect you're sourcing!  I have animated the thumbnails to start small and pop out at you on some of them.  On those I can rescale them by merely editing the video and selecting a thumbnail at some point before my overlay scales up.  Thanks for the pointers.  I guess if I can bid on jobs every day the money being delayed is ok once it starts coming in.  Also I watched a video about an early payout option for an additional 1%, but can't see anywhere to select that option-- likely this is offered through their direct deposit carrier and I will have to wait until those forms go through to see if I can get some early payouts.  I need kitty litter and I been using credit to buy shielding for my recording cables to see if I can get rid of the RFI noise on my audio recordings.  Makes me far less competitive if my professional mic picks up a lot of device noise.   I can remove it pretty cleanly, but I'm competing with people who don't have that issue at all.

8 hours ago, coz_holly said:

I'll do odd jobs for people, but you'll never catch me signing up to anything long term again unless it is work that uses my talents and pays well.

I was a teacher, so I used my talents and got paid not as well as I would like. Nonetheless, I now have a pension as a result of working for someone else.

I guess if I can bid on jobs every day the money being delayed is ok once it starts coming in. 

Yes, once you start getting jobs, money does come in daily if you get jobs daily.

Also I watched a video about an early payout option for an additional 1%, but can't see anywhere to select that option

I think Fiverr does not offer it to everyone as I have seen sellers asking how to get it here on the Forum.

Archived