To rated Seller

the_arif

Stop worrying about getting the badge. First of all, having completed the requirement does not mean you will become a TRS. I had those requirements fulfilled for a long time (a few years!) as a level 2 seller before I was finally awarded TRS status. 

So instead of focusing too much on the status, keep focusing on delivering high-quality and great value, and be happy with your current level. If you're just sitting around waiting for the TRS badge, you're likely to have a long sad time ahead of you. 

That doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to become even better. Work on your skills, develop your gigs and keep being a successfull seller! Being a level 2 seller means you're doing a lot of things right. Your goal should be to earn enough to live a comfortable life, taking care of your family and yourself, while doing something you love. 

If you have that passion and drive in your life, you stop caring about "levels" and start caring about real things instead, like learning new things and working hard to help your buyers out. 

Then, eventually, it might come! You might wake up one day with the notification, and be in an extra good mood with your morning coffee, knowing that you didn't waste years of your life worrying about getting it, but instead focusing on enjoying every single day, doing something you love. 

Keep it up and follow your dreams. 

Guest lloydsolutions
13 minutes ago, the_arif said:

I'm very close to complete top rated requirement.

This topic may interest you:

5 minutes ago, smashradio said:

So instead of focusing too much on the status, keep focusing on delivering high-quality and great value, and be happy with your current level. If you're just sitting around waiting for the TRS badge, you're likely to have a long sad time ahead of you. 

This, exactly. It took me years of being eligible before they picked me, and it was a huge surprise when it happened. At first I felt disappointed that I wasn't being selected, but instead of worrying about that, I took a hard look at my business, looked for my weak points, and went to work on them. I'm still doing the same thing. Once you become a TRS, it can still be taken away from you, so there's no point making it be the summit of your dreams. Congratulate yourself for getting your numbers up, then get back to work. The customers aren't going to solve their own problems.

I also made a bragging post when I turned TRS. I'll admit it was real fun to finally get it. But I was in fact very happy as a level 2 seller, too. My main way of measuring success is "do I look forward to work?" and "Do I have to worry about the next bill in the mailbox?". If the answer to the first question is yes, and no to the second, I'm where I'd like to be. 

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

My main way of measuring success is "do I look forward to work?" and "Do I have to worry about the next bill in the mailbox?". 

LOVE that. Making sure I am enjoying my work is almost more important than anything else. Because If I'm not having fun, the customers probably aren't happy, either. I make a habit of telling each customer than I am enjoying their work, and I never say it if I don't mean it. I think they really like to hear it, and it helps me get those 5*s  😄

7 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

Making sure I am enjoying my work is almost more important than anything else. Because If I'm not having fun, the customers probably aren't happy, either. I make a habit of telling each customer than I am enjoying their work, and I never say it if I don't mean it. I think they really like to hear it, and it helps me get those 5*s  😄

Exactly! Obviously, I'd hate to be stagnant, and I like to see growth, both on the business side and personal side of things, so I invest a lot of time into learning new stuff. It doesn't have to be about business all the time. It can be reading a books on theoretical physics, or learning new stuff about tech, or anything else I might find interesting. And you'd be surprised how much knowledge about a range of topics can affect your business, even though you'd never think so. The other day I got a project that required me to write three blog posts on why you should learn... guess it.... theoretical physics! The client was very sceptical of hiring outside talent, since most people have no clue about his field of study. 

I surprised the dude with my knowledge in his field, given that I'm a freelance journalist, VO and writer, not a  theoretical physicist.  So you never know when just learning random things will be beneficial to your bottom line. 

This is also why I love doing eLearning projects. 

Loving the work you do is something your clients will notice for sure. 

Archived