I feel betrayed

Me and my kids create videos ads for products that clients sent us to show in our videos. Last monts a buyer sent me a product that we shoot in our video and the gig states we will give a 45 sec edited video. The client asked me 3 free photos wich i aggreed. I showed the buyer the watermarked video before the deliever and he was like oh my god, that is incredible, perfect thank you! After that he started to ask me the raw footage wich is not part of the gig and we never give to anyone. He just started to claim that is his right to have it and he will not accept the deliever without the row files. After few strong messages from him i decided to deliever the files (1 edited video and 3 free photos). He started to ask for a revision because the gig was incomplete… I contacted the Fiverr Staff and they (after few days) basicly told me that there is nothing they can do… I said ok, i keep deliever the files every day once a day of the files i was paid to deliever. Today the order was cancelled by the Customer Support because i abused of the deliever button… this is just it. I am totally speachless by this… if this behavior from a buyer is supported by the CS then all of this is really sad… we worked hard for a full day for a professional video and because the client wanted free stuff not included in the gig, i not losed the gig money, but i was given a warning for abusing the deliever button because i was uploading the files i was paid to create.
I feel betrayed by this platform.
Valentina

Me and my kids create videos ads for products that clients sent us to show in our videos. Last monts a buyer sent me a product that we shoot in our video and the gig states we will give a 45 sec edited video. The client asked me 3 free photos wich i aggreed. I showed the buyer the watermarked video before the deliever and he was like oh my god, that is incredible, perfect thank you! After that he started to ask me the raw footage wich is not part of the gig and we never give to anyone. He just started to claim that is his right to have it and he will not accept the deliever without the row files. After few strong messages from him i decided to deliever the files (1 edited video and 3 free photos). He started to ask for a revision because the gig was incomplete… I contacted the Fiverr Staff and they (after few days) basicly told me that there is nothing they can do… I said ok, i keep deliever the files every day once a day of the files i was paid to deliever. Today the order was cancelled by the Customer Support because i abused of the deliever button… this is just it. I am totally speachless by this… if this behavior from a buyer is supported by the CS then all of this is really sad… we worked hard for a full day for a professional video and because the client wanted free stuff not included in the gig, i not losed the gig money, but i was given a warning for abusing the deliever button because i was uploading the files i was paid to create.

I feel betrayed by this platform.

Valentina

cancelled by the Customer Support because i abused of the deliever button

This…

I strongly suspect the CS was someone new.

Or… what was in your delivery message? Anything like “As per the ordered gig and original scope, this delivery contains: one edited video file of 45 seconds at $xx, 3 additional photos at $0 (no additional cost)” or anything that specifically restates and outlines the order that was purchased?

I’m honestly tempted to say ‘challenge’ it, but if there was any loophole in your contract with the client…

At this point, I would say post the video yourself, (for your own portfolio). That way if it does appear out there, you can issue a DMCA due to the video not having been paid for.

I, at least, support your telling the Buyer ‘NO’ and sticking to it.

Have you seen this thread yet? Top 5 Tips to Protect Yourself from Badly Behaved Buyers

Archived