Warning for late reply

es_developer

A late response (more than 24-hours) to a new message results in a decrease of the response time percentage. There must be more to it if you’ve received a warning from the Fiverr team.

My response time is 100%. But yes, I did not reply to my buyers for one and a half days.

Have anyone got a warning for the late reply?

I have got one. When I was on tour I respond late to my buyers. If you have any share with me and what do you think why do I get the warning?

When I was on tour

Are you a musician or actor or something?

Anyways, if you do not respond to an initial (first ever) message from a buyer within 24 hours, your response time analytic will suffer and can prevent you from gaining a Level or maintaining the Level you are at. It probably also has an effect on impressions or Fiverr putting your profile out there for potential buyers to see - if you are not appearing as though you care enough to look at the site every day to see if you have any activity - Fiverr probably thinks you do not take your Gigs here seriously.

My response time is 100%.

If you did not reply to someone for one and a half days, how is your response rate 100%?

I have a feeling what you are referring to is NOT the messages and replying to those within 24 hours - but, messages on orders where it says “Buyer is waiting for a response from you for…however long”. I have never gotten a warning for this - but, I have also not let those messages go for a day and a half either.

GG

When I was on tour

Are you a musician or actor or something?

Anyways, if you do not respond to an initial (first ever) message from a buyer within 24 hours, your response time analytic will suffer and can prevent you from gaining a Level or maintaining the Level you are at. It probably also has an effect on impressions or Fiverr putting your profile out there for potential buyers to see - if you are not appearing as though you care enough to look at the site every day to see if you have any activity - Fiverr probably thinks you do not take your Gigs here seriously.

My response time is 100%.

If you did not reply to someone for one and a half days, how is your response rate 100%?

I have a feeling what you are referring to is NOT the messages and replying to those within 24 hours - but, messages on orders where it says “Buyer is waiting for a response from you for…however long”. I have never gotten a warning for this - but, I have also not let those messages go for a day and a half either.

GG

I always try to reply as quickly as possible. During that period it was not new buyers.

GG could be right. If I get a revision request and don’t respond within an hour, a little notice goes underneath that THE BUYER HAS BEEN WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FOR…or something like that. It’s annoying as it seems to pop up after only an hour or so. Often my clients are in other countries so I can be asleep in the middle of the night and wake up to a 6 hour “warning”. It’s not an official warning, I guess just a prompt to make sure we’re on the ball.

Other than that and the late response to new messages, I’m not sure what it could be.

I always try to reply as quickly as possible. During that period it was not new buyers.

Then it was messages on existing orders? Or messages that were from buyers or inquiries that already had a running message thread? If so, that is why you are still at 100%.

I am not sure why you got a warning - I have never let a message on an order (or messages period) go for days unanswered. I hate seeing that message on my dashboard on orders where the buyer has been waiting xxx number of hours for an update. So annoying!!! Usually, it is just a message within the order giving either more information about what they want to know or something else and there is NO need to reply! Fiverr can tend to be micromanagers in the worst way at times!!!

Why were you “on tour”?

GG

Then it was messages on existing orders? Or messages that were from buyers or inquiries that already had a running message thread? If so, that is why you are still at 100%.

I am not sure why you got a warning - I have never let a message on an order (or messages period) go for days unanswered. I hate seeing that message on my dashboard on orders where the buyer has been waiting xxx number of hours for an update. So annoying!!! Usually, it is just a message within the order giving either more information about what they want to know or something else and there is NO need to reply! Fiverr can tend to be micromanagers in the worst way at times!!!

Why were you “on tour”?

GG

After reading leannelrivers reply, you didn’t really get a “warning” as in you broke the TOS. I think they were just trying to get your attention to get back to a buyer. No big deal. But, you may want to download the Fiverr app on your phone so that when you are “on tour” or away from your PC for extended periods, you can still check and reply to messages etc via your phone or a tablet.

GG

Why were you “on tour”?

GG

It was a family tour for 3 days.

After reading leannelrivers reply, you didn’t really get a “warning” as in you broke the TOS. I think they were just trying to get your attention to get back to a buyer. No big deal. But, you may want to download the Fiverr app on your phone so that when you are “on tour” or away from your PC for extended periods, you can still check and reply to messages etc via your phone or a tablet.

GG

Actually, I thought that it’s not against TOS so I am fine. But I am very careful not to repeat the mistake again.

It was a family tour for 3 days.

Oh, OK! Not as exciting as being a touring musician I guess, but, we call that “vacation” not tour in the states! Got it! Hope you had fun with your family!

No, you didn’t break TOS - Fiverr was just trying to get your attention and essentially micromanaging you. I would still suggest downloading their app so you can check messages daily.

GG

Oh, OK! Not as exciting as being a touring musician I guess, but, we call that “vacation” not tour in the states! Got it! Hope you had fun with your family!

No, you didn’t break TOS - Fiverr was just trying to get your attention and essentially micromanaging you. I would still suggest downloading their app so you can check messages daily.

GG

Thank you for your advice. And I will remember the difference between tour and vacation for people in states!

You can use whatever phrase your country uses. I was just wondering if you were a musician, dancer or actor that was touring is all.

GG

I am a full-stack web developer. I started here as a front-end developer. It was Feb 2019. Though I am new here on the forum!

Archived