Bad experience with a seller. Really bad

beelzey

Donnovan Small update: he sent me a video (given the expiration) of an app that is not mine. Maybe he did it to get the money. If I cancel everything I fear that I will never see my $ 400 PayPal data again. Now his grandmother is dead, which is why he didn’t answer for two days. What I do?

It’s up to you to choose what to do.

If you ask people on the forum, each one will share their own opinion.

If you are asking me specifically, the fact that he doesn’t show your app is a red flag. As I said, if you used PayPal friends and family, you can’t ask for a refund.

But if it was a normal transaction, ask for a refund. Show the Fiverr conversation to PayPal where he forced you to pay via PayPal, and then tell this is against the terms of service of Fiverr and you had no choice.

I would say to get your money back and pay someone that can actually help. I understand issues appear and people can take more time, I was there before as a seller myself when I had surgery. But guess what, I canceled orders. Who wanted to wait for me, waited. The others… received a refund and found someone else.

It’s up to you to choose what to do.

If you ask people on the forum, each one will share their own opinion.

If you are asking me specifically, the fact that he doesn’t show your app is a red flag. As I said, if you used PayPal friends and family, you can’t ask for a refund.

But if it was a normal transaction, ask for a refund. Show the Fiverr conversation to PayPal where he forced you to pay via PayPal, and then tell this is against the terms of service of Fiverr and you had no choice.

I would say to get your money back and pay someone that can actually help. I understand issues appear and people can take more time, I was there before as a seller myself when I had surgery. But guess what, I canceled orders. Who wanted to wait for me, waited. The others… received a refund and found someone else.

There is still hope in the world, too bad they are not all like you, great respect

I’m not saying this is the best way to handle the situation, but it is a way…

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. You could message the seller stating that unless they refund the money within 48 hours (for example) you will report their request to send money outside of Fiverr to customer support which will likely result in their Fiverr account being permanently suspended, meaning they will lose all their valuable feedback and therefore ability to attract new buyers in future.

It’s a gamble, but the chances are their ability to scam more people in future is worth more to them than just you. You then of course report them anyway (hopefully after you’ve received your money back) in order to protect others.

As I mentioned, I’m not saying it’s the best way, but it’s a way…

Thanks You’re right, I’m hoping for now that you will give me updates on the app (for now some screenshots made with Figma) then I’ll take the necessary steps

If he sent via the Friends and Family system, then he can’t dispute anything. This system is not offering any refunds. And I am pretty sure the seller most likely encouraged him to do this in order to save fees.

You are not the first person to mention that.

My only experience with PP is for business.

Good to know about the limitations of using it for F&F.

Thanks!

Thanks I paid on Fiverr and I still have not received anything despite the deadline, I paid via PayPal because he begged me and told me that he needed the money. I was naive, now if it doesn’t do the job I’ll never get that money back

You can send a screen shoot of pay pal receipt and screen shoots of the conversation with the the seller at customer support. I believe they can help you for this!

Archived