Buyer didn't review?

charliezmusic

It’s a bummer when they don’t leave a review. The recent job I did, I went beyond his expectation. He was very satisfied but didn’t leave a review. For first-time buyers reviewing doesn’t occur in their mind. Can we just mention you can review etc… without being pushy?

yes, this is exactly what happened with my order, when delivered, the buyer said he was beyond satisfied, and the buyer himself said he will leave a review. But he didn’t

Guest lloydsolutions

Yes, that’s what I did, I said if you enjoyed this please leave a review, it would help me a lot.

I never said to leave a positive review

I said if you enjoyed this please leave a review,

I never asked the buyer to leave a review,

Never ever mention a review!

Yes, that’s what I did, I said if you enjoyed this please leave a review, it would help me a lot.

I never said to leave a positive review

I said if you enjoyed this please leave a review, it would help me a lot.

Be a lot safer if you don’t even do this. Feedback and reviews are entirely optional and shouldn’t be asked for or suggested. Fiverr itself reminds the buyer to leave a review several times after an order is completed; that is more than enough reminder if the buyer really ever intended to leave a review.

To put the issue of asking/hinting for reviews to rest. sleeping_bed I wrote to CS to ask if we are allowed to ask for nonspecific reviews. I told them that it was a source of controversy on the Forum and that we would appreciate knowing the truth of the matter and that I planned to post the answer here.

Here is the email I received.

image.png.cecd00325fed9719dcfec5e54615bdbc.png

This link is to the article on feedback that Amy mentions.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback

Note Amy said it should be of the buye…

Hey @charliezmusic :star_struck:

Knowing that your Buyer is happy, even if he didn’t leave a review, is the best thing. Allow it to give you confidence that you are a great creator!

As already noted, do not request a rating because it is a direct violation of the Fiverr terms of service.

And please keep this in mind, as you provide your services here you will eventually get prominent brands who will hire you. They will NOT leave a review because they do not want their customers to know they are getting their media from Fiverr… you heard me!

I voice commercials for big brands, and while they never leave a review they do grace me with a very generous tip.

You will continue to receive more jobs, and you will receive more ratings. Guaranteed.

Cheers to your growing success! 🥂

~Lisa

It’s up to the buyer to leave one.

Don’t even message them asking for it, Fiverr could give you a warning or delete your account.

I am sure you will get another customer that may feel like leaving a -let’s hope positive- review.

And sometimes is better for some customers to be let alone. I had one customer who wasn’t happy with his delivery (though he was never verbal about it throughout the process, not even when I sent him two drafts) and then inbox me saying that my work wasn’t what he was looking for and that I ignored his requests (something I never did, because I even asked for clarification of said requests two times and he didn’t explained what he wanted exactly). He just marked the order as complete and left. Would that customer leave me a review, it surely will be a negative one (which is not fair because I wasn’t being incompetent, it was him who failed to communicate what he wanted). So if you’re 1% unsure about your customer satisfaction and see that they left no review, feel thankful because they may be a unsatisfied customer that doesn’t want to bother anymore.

If you’re in need of reviews and that customer is a no review one and you can’t be sure if next time they’ll hire you they leave a positive review, consider if it’s worth it working with them or not. For example, as I am a new seller my prices are very low, so I rely on reviews to grow as seller. It’s not affordable for me having customers pay me only 4$ and then leaving a 4 star review or no review at all. So I blocked them (besides, those three customers I blocked were the classic PITA) because the story will repeat if they want to order again and I’m not a masochist.

Best of the luck

thank you for the details. awesome

So I had just delivered an order, and when commenting on the order, the buyer said:

“I will make sure to leave a review;)”

It’s been 2 days now, the buyer has marked the order as complete, but didn’t write a review.

What should I do?

(I never asked the buyer to leave a review, but since he said he will but he didn’t)

What should I do?

Sit on your hands and move on.

Buyers are prompted plenty of times by Fiverr to leave a review or a tip. We as sellers are not to message a buyer asking them about why they haven’t reviewed, if they will review or why did they review me that way.

Move on.

GG

Archived