Tips to buyers: Avoiding copyright

beckybee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ezinearticles4u

Reply to @joannsnover:

Oh! A familiar face here on Fiverr! 🙂 Just want to say hello…! I have always followed your posts on another discussion forum (about stock) with interest, although I’ve never participated.

Unfortunately, this place is full of people who “borrow” images and photos. I surely had my work “borrowed” on occasion >:(

This is great advice. It’s also good to keep an eye out for other forms of copyright infringement as well. I had a buyer contact me about potentially purchasing my voice over gig. He provided me a video of a commercial for a piece of software. I thought it was odd as the voice over work in the video was already top notch. I figured maybe they changed the script and couldn’t get the other guy to make the edits. I tell him I’m able to do the work and give him a quote. Thankfully there was some more back and forth about the delivery time. During the subsequent message exchange he sent me the final script along with another video. The script was almost exactly like the first video but with the name of the software changed. The second video was a very poorly done ripoff of the first video with an automated voice reading the new script. Once I saw that I immediately contacted him and said I couldn’t do the job before he had a chance to order my gig. I put it in my gig description that all work is assumed to be the sole ownership of the buyer and I will not do work owned by a third party.

A quality logo should started at least 50-100usd.With 5-10 usd.You will got edited bitmap, vector files from the web.

Can you take 3-5days to paint an image,Then design a logo ?

A smart buyer will know that they should pay over 30usd/logo to have a great logo.Tha paid 5usd to have an copied and edited logo on the web.

I made book trailers for two years here. One of my extras was to provide images. Before I finally shut down, I had been thinking of upping that Extra to $10, just because of the large amount of time it could take to find useable images. I had a folder with images I had licenses for, but since each video is unique, sometimes I had to search in the far, far reaches of the internet to find something different. And every time, I’d have to search for Terms of Use, licensing requirements, etc, to be sure I could use the images for commercial purposes.

A lot of people don’t seem to understand this. I’d get requests for celebrity look-alikes and things like that, when in reality it is very hard to find people images in general, much less ones that look like celebrities!

Some people would send me images that I knew didn’t belong to them and expect me to use them. I had to start doing image searches to cover myself there. Such a pain!

So yes, pay attention to licensing, copyrights, etc. It’s not worth getting sued down the road for a $5 project.

I am glad someone is addressing this because my concern is protection of my own art work that i provide for creating and designing. I always notify the developer that my logo is copyright protected and I do not want it shown in their portfolio. I’m guaranteed this… but just hired two people… let’s see what happens…

April Gabrielle

Reply to @elshafei2013: Did you ask your seller if they purchase a license for the font ? I’ve purchased commercial licenses for several images and fonts over the years with reseller clauses attached. Just because someone is selling on Fiverr does not mean they didn’t purchase a commercial license for the image or font in question.

• 2 weeks later...

If the licens for the art was to be uphold there would only be 1% left in the graphis designer category here on fiverr, belive me i know i used to sell header and banners but had to stop because of the competion i wouldent be able to make the same kind of work as they do because i refuse to violate the copyright, i had to buy art work with the right licens and that would take away any profit i would make, i used art work that i had paid for with the right to sell if it was part of a new design like a header its wery hard to find and limits my profits.

Archived