What if a client asks for something beyond from gig Category?

venushka_r

Hello! I`m new to this platform & I have worked in the advertising industry in Sri Lanka.

My question is if a client Asks for something I havent listed in any of my gigs but Im able to do, is it against Fiverr`s Policies to create a custom order for that thing?

currently, I have gigs in Graphic Design > Social Media Design Category. If a client asks to design some Facebook ads & run an ad campaign, Design an ad belongs to Graphic Design Category & Run a campaign belongs to Digital Marketing Category.

I can’t see that being a problem. So long as you can do the work, you can create a custom offer for anything.

The thing I would advise is some caution, there are those who target new sellers and drag them off into a situation where they are less then in-control and ultimately cancel the job after the work is done. Ask why this person is choosing you when you don’t have these things in a gig or even proof from reviews to say how good you are at this other task? Not that you are not good, but that maybe this request outside of your gig is the beginning of a scam.

Take care. Make all your terms solid, well defined and clear (no endless revisions, work till customer happy sort of stuff).

Good luck (and I hope I am wrong)
🙂

I can’t see that being a problem. So long as you can do the work, you can create a custom offer for anything.

The thing I would advise is some caution, there are those who target new sellers and drag them off into a situation where they are less then in-control and ultimately cancel the job after the work is done. Ask why this person is choosing you when you don’t have these things in a gig or even proof from reviews to say how good you are at this other task? Not that you are not good, but that maybe this request outside of your gig is the beginning of a scam.

Take care. Make all your terms solid, well defined and clear (no endless revisions, work till customer happy sort of stuff).

🙂

Thank you so much @benedictrm. I didn`t know this thing before. thanks again for your advice. Wishing you good luck on your path.

🙂

Thank you so much @benedictrm. I didn`t know this thing before. thanks again for your advice. Wishing you good luck on your path.

@benedictrm makes a very good point.

I have a number of long-term clients who understand how I work, and I have an understanding of their needs. They sometimes ask me to work on projects that are different to my advertised gigs, but there is a mutual understanding about expectations and skills. This is obviously built up over time with a client.

However, if a buyer approaches you as a new seller and asks you to work on something completely unrelated to your gig, then this is suspicious.

Yes, Fiverr will allow you to do the work (so long as it’s within the terms of service and community guidelines) - but personally, I think you would be opening yourself up to the potential to be scammed.

My advice is this: Do not connect a specific gig or service with something beyond the initial design or scope of your gig or service.

You might deliver a 5 star result and still get 4/5 for service as described.

So, provided you found a new need, consider designing a new gig for this. Not using an established one.

This may have multi-level impact to your gigs but currently I have to many fronts open to get time to analyze it.

I make 99% of my BR from a “Custom” Gig that is not my stock Gig services. It is related to my services but not necessarily easily confused with whatever the BR may be. It is clearly described as being a catch-all Gig with a default state that will not interest many people as it is so they read my BR properly or go away.

Sadly most BR are so poorly specified like asking to mix a song that is not shared that my BR has to be: Can you share the song (and probably real budget if they have asked for a quality mix - appox10 hours work - for $5)?

🙂

Guest humanissocial

🙂

Yes this happened to me once. The buyer assumed he was getting the gig, not the custom offer attached to it, even though I had written an explicit scope.

Then I started saying outright in a message that I would be sending a custom offer attached to a gig that differed from the offer and only sent the offer if they replied that they understood.

It seemed to fix the problem. I think some buyers just get a bit confused about how this all works and I don’t blame them. The interface is counter intuitive, plus we SHOULD be able to make custom offers without attaching them to irrelevant gigs.

@benedictrm makes a very good point.

I have a number of long-term clients who understand how I work, and I have an understanding of their needs. They sometimes ask me to work on projects that are different to my advertised gigs, but there is a mutual understanding about expectations and skills. This is obviously built up over time with a client.

However, if a buyer approaches you as a new seller and asks you to work on something completely unrelated to your gig, then this is suspicious.

Yes, Fiverr will allow you to do the work (so long as it’s within the terms of service and community guidelines) - but personally, I think you would be opening yourself up to the potential to be scammed.

Thank You @english_voice 😀

My advice is this: Do not connect a specific gig or service with something beyond the initial design or scope of your gig or service.

You might deliver a 5 star result and still get 4/5 for service as described.

So, provided you found a new need, consider designing a new gig for this. Not using an established one.

This may have multi-level impact to your gigs but currently I have to many fronts open to get time to analyze it.

Thank You @corsogr 😀

Archived