I am a Graphic designer and new at fiverr but no order since 2 month

dynamicprakhar

Guest humanissocial

Actually the demand on photo editing is all time high. I’ve been hearing that it is too late to get into profession and it is dying for 15+ years now, but I’ve also seen many people dismissing the warnings and becoming successful in this field.

(I sound like someone who is about to sell you their motivational course, lol, but I’m serious)

While this is true that technology moves forward and some mundane tasks can be automated now, the quality is not yet there when it comes to editing images for commercial purposes.

And there is also a creative component to it, which is even further from being replaced by machines.

The number of photos people take also keeps increasing as well as standards of quality for commercial imagery. Small and medium sized businesses are now expected to have images akin to those of big corporations. Also there are quantities to take into consideration. Most clients only need a website or a logo once in a few years (if we’re not talking resellers, ofc), while they may have a constant flow of photos and come back every week/month.

So no, low demand is not OP’s issue here. The issue is quality. Low entry level is also why the field may seem overcrowded. But if you take your time to browse the 30k photo editing gigs, you’ll find out that only about 10% of the sellers are competent enough to have any consistent sales.

And that brings me to my point. I am sorry to say this OP and I don’t intend to be mean at all, but you need to work on quality of your services, rather than quality of your gigs per se, if you hope to get sales.

All images in your portfolio have this or that wrong with them.

On your background removal gig every image has issues. Especially in hair department.

Choice of color correction is not attractive on many photos (atleast not for commercial editing, creative-wise it is of course a question of taste).

Almost all images seem oversaturated to me (could be display difference, but I just calibrated mine, so you might want to check yours).

You also have 5 gigs going, allowing you to upload 15 unique images, but you use the same few over and over. Buyers might ask themselves why. And the most obvious answer would be “this seller probably doesn’t have anything else to show and might be inexperienced”.

I didn’t check your pricing and descriptions, as it doesn’t matter, if you don’t work on your skill further and bring it to a more marketable level first.

Actually the demand on photo editing is all time high.

It is but the problem is that the supply on Fiverr exceeds the demand and just because there is demand for something that doesn’t mean a lot of people are using Fiverr to get it.

Browse the category pages of the thousands of gigs selling what he is selling and other things and note how many of them don’t have a single review even though they rank high on category pages and keyword searches.

Actually the demand on photo editing is all time high.

It is but the problem is that the supply on Fiverr exceeds the demand and just because there is demand for something that doesn’t mean a lot of people are using Fiverr to get it.

Browse the category pages of the thousands of gigs selling what he is selling and other things and note how many of them don’t have a single review even though they rank high on category pages and keyword searches.

yes, this is very strange anyway. Not happening in my Music & Audio category, usually I don’t check outside of this category and everything works perfect for music and music producers. But high rankers with no reviews in that category is indeed strange. There must be a logical reason anyway.

Archived