WE'RE looking for talented writers... for optimization purposes

thecreativeguys

Reply to @thecreativeguys:

You’ll have a much better experience picking 5-10 writers who all have hundreds of positive reviews and excellent ratings, and paying them each for a small test article then.

Picking your writers based on the comment section of a forum is not a very good way to screen for talent - most of the writers here don’t even use them.

Regarding the setup you have chose, try Googling ‘freelance writing contest scam’ and reading some of the results; as you can see, this basically uses the exact same format as scam contests.

I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that this wasn’t your intent, but the format is -exactly- the same as the scams are, and any writer with real experience will recognize this and be less than keen on participating.

A major warning word for me is “exposure”. If someone asks for free or cheap work because it will get you more “exposure” it is always, always a scam (in my experience).

People run design contests like this all the time. They take advantage of people willing to enter and I’m strongly opposed to them. I see they’re targeting writers now too.

Fiverr is already super cheap. Order a gig, pay your $5. This isn’t a contest site.

Reply to @jtengle: I understand, this was not created for anything but to get 3 writers and create articles. WE PAID for this. It’s no scam at all.

And no, we’re not making this look fishy too. It’s 1 comment which led to confusion. We’re not at all like that period.

I don’t understand why we can’t ask creative writers to cmment and allow us to order their services?

Why not search, read reviews and choose that way? That’s how everyone else does it. This is just confusing.

If I get an email with the words:

“exposure”

“great for your portfolio”

“i have no budget”

“will lead to lots more work for you”

“can i have a discount”

"enter my design contest"

Then I delete them and move on.

We’ve picked! And thanks for your comments and entries.

We've chosen!

1. Ryangillam

2. Rekisan

3. Quality_Writers

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS SUCH A SMASHING SUCCESS!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ENTRIES!
Look out for our upcoming discussions....

THANK YOU TO: robiman3, marczuke, forchrissake, kementari, dtes76, manushanu, priyanka1985, danielzo, brandontvedt, voiceoverwork, and jtengle for all your entries and comments!

Joe and Team. @TheCreativeGuys

Reply to @brandontvedt:

The purpose of this was to have 3 candidates to produce great articles for a new website which will be launching soon. The people we’ve chosen was based on different assumptions and different creative work.

Whether creating 50 articles ro creating one there is no difference on the matter.

Are you capable, or, even would you create a masterpiece for a resource website coming out soon?

Now…pardon my involvement in this discussion…I don’t mean to sound mean or judging or anything but

6 articles for $4net?

I mean…I’m not a writter but isn’t an article at least supposed to be around 400-450 words?

Multipied by 6 it’s a mere 2.400 words for $4

Come on Joe, this is irrational…quality needs to be well-paid & none works for pennies nowadays…

Just my 2 cents…good luck to everyone

Nina

I’m coming into this late too, but I did see the post over the weekend and refused to bother with it. The term “exposure” and the idea of ranking people without really telling people how that is working just doesn’t sit well with me.

I just had to comment on this:

thecreativeguys said: An article for 500 words is a normal gig request. Correct?

No, not correct. It will depend on the number of words the article writer on the site offers for a gig. If you wanted a 500 word article from me, it would have cost two gigs to complete.

I think I'm glad I didn't even bother. It would worry me that someone would ignore the fact that their number one choice originally requested to withdraw from the "competition." Unless you had a conversation in a private message about it, it questions the ability to read and stick to gig descriptions...and well all know how much sellers get annoyed at buyers not reading gig descriptions...

brandontvedt said: Please create 6 articles....

@thecreativeguys I'm sorry but according to the quoted phrase which was presented by one of your top pick writters who declined your offer AFTER you bought one writing gig from them (brandontvedt) you're clearly asking for 6 articles, not one article covering 6 topics (which as a request I don't quite understand it but anyway...)

I may be missing something as well - not calling you out or anything but....

Archived