Customer asks to cancel order

likakuragina

beforehand we discussed all the details of the project, we did not talk about the timing. I made a custom offer, which indicated 5 days of delivery. today he writes that the order needs to be canceled, as he wrote that delivery is needed this morning. after finding out, he realized that he was talking about the timing to another seller, not me. what is the best way to proceed? Should I cancel the order or should he cancel it by himself? it’s not my fault and I don’t want to downgrade

Any cancellation is going to affect you, unfortunately - the system is set up to punish us regardless of the reason(s) why a client cancels. That said, a mutual cancellation is probably a better option, rather than a one-way cancellation on his end.

This happens to all of us periodically, try not to let it bother you. Clients can be thoughtless, forgetful, and impulsive.

Any cancellation is going to affect you, unfortunately - the system is set up to punish us regardless of the reason(s) why a client cancels. That said, a mutual cancellation is probably a better option, rather than a one-way cancellation on his end.

This happens to all of us periodically, try not to let it bother you. Clients can be thoughtless, forgetful, and impulsive.

thank you very much for your reply. but what does mutual cancellation mean? he asks me to cancel it

thank you very much for your reply. but what does mutual cancellation mean? he asks me to cancel it

I believe you can just go to Gig Page > Resolution Center > Request that the buyer cancel this order and it should take care of it. It doesn’t sound like there’s any chance the buyer is going to move forward and allow you to do the work, so you might as well get the job out of your queue.

I believe you can just go to Gig Page > Resolution Center > Request that the buyer cancel this order and it should take care of it. It doesn’t sound like there’s any chance the buyer is going to move forward and allow you to do the work, so you might as well get the job out of your queue.

thank you very much! I hope such situations will not arise again

If you delivered everything as stated in your gig , you can try asking support to cancel the order without affecting your stats however keep in mind that support is currently very busy and their answer might take up to 10 days … you might receive an answer a bit too late in this case.

Archived