Buyer send order without any discussion

master1995

My profile is down due to order cancellation!
Buyer send order without any contact then after two days he want to refund, I was not agree to refund then he cancel order by customer support. My query is what’s the best way for order cancellation that don’t fall any bad effect in my account. Please guys share your valuable thought
Thanks in Advance.

My profile is down due to order cancellation!

Buyer send order without any contact then after two days he want to refund, I was not agree to refund then he cancel order by customer support. My query is what’s the best way for order cancellation that don’t fall any bad effect in my account. Please guys share your valuable thought

Thanks in Advance.

Had you completed any work on the order, or had the buyer not submitted their requirements? This is important because if you had worked on the order, then of course you should be paid. But if the buyer hadn’t sent you their requirements and you hadn’t done any work, then I think it was wrong to refuse a cancellation.

The best way to handle a cancellation so that it doesn’t affect your completion stats is to contact customer support and explain the circumstances. But be aware that many people on the forums are reporting it’s taking CS around 10 days or more to respond. And also be aware that customer support might side with the buyer if you don’t explain the circumstances clearly and accurately, or else CS might rule the buyer is more in the right than you.

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Did the customer place the order without contacting you first?

Or did he simply purchase your gig without filling out the order requirements?

It’s always worth bearing in mind that there is no obligation for buyers to contact sellers before placing an order. The Fiverr marketplace has been deliberately designed this way. There are of course many circumstances when it would be sensible for a buyer to contact a seller first - but at the end of the day, they don’t have to.

It’s always worth bearing in mind that there is no obligation for buyers to contact sellers before placing an order. The Fiverr marketplace has been deliberately designed this way. There are of course many circumstances when it would be sensible for a buyer to contact a seller first - but at the end of the day, they don’t have to.

I know, I totally agree with you on that.

The reason I asked is to have a better understanding of the circumstances surrounding this cancellation.

We as sellers should keep in mind that it is perfectly within the buyer’s right to place an order without contacting us first.

Of course in some cases it’s nice to discuss a project in advance (especially when it involves detailed requirements), but it’s definitely not something we are entitled to.

Had you completed any work on the order, or had the buyer not submitted their requirements? This is important because if you had worked on the order, then of course you should be paid. But if the buyer hadn’t sent you their requirements and you hadn’t done any work, then I think it was wrong to refuse a cancellation.

The best way to handle a cancellation so that it doesn’t affect your completion stats is to contact customer support and explain the circumstances. But be aware that many people on the forums are reporting it’s taking CS around 10 days or more to respond. And also be aware that customer support might side with the buyer if you don’t explain the circumstances clearly and accurately, or else CS might rule the buyer is more in the right than you.

Buyer submitted his requirement then I was send private message he didn’t reply. After two days buyer want to cancel this order but I was tried to understand that it’s not good for my profile then it was cancel by customer support.

I know, I totally agree with you on that.

The reason I asked is to have a better understanding of the circumstances surrounding this cancellation.

We as sellers should keep in mind that it is perfectly within the buyer’s right to place an order without contacting us first.

Of course in some cases it’s nice to discuss a project in advance (especially when it involves detailed requirements), but it’s definitely not something we are entitled to.

That’s why we mention this point that " Please contact before placing your order "

That’s why we mention this point that " Please contact before placing your order "

Yes, this could be helpful and most buyers (at least from my experience) would drop you a message before placing the order.

However, there is always the possibility of receiving an order out of the blue, without previous contact. It’s within the buyer’s rights to do so…

Archived