First Late-Nighter

traxie2001

The stars seem to have aligned for half a dozen orders that needed to be delivered tonight. I’m working through them one-by-one, but just wanted to pop over to the forum to commiserate with my fellow sellers who have experienced a late or all-nighter. Not that I’m complaining–it’s a good problem to have! :o)

It’s only been recently that I’ve stopped pulling late or all nighters. I used to do it for the fun of it, a strange thing of seeing just how long I could go without sleep. Like @matt_garry says it becomes addicting. But with a wee one in the house who loves to get up at 6am for cartoons, it’s time to get early nights and start work earlier.

Thanks, folks, for the encouragement! I decided to call it quits just after 2am and got up early instead to work on finishing up my orders. I did the late-night thing too much in school and now my old bones don’t take too well to it!

@aingham69 Props to you for doing Fiverr and raising your son! Part of the reason I’m working through Fiverr is to hopefully be able to stay at home with our little ones when we begin a family.

@traxie2001 Daughter but thank you 🙂 I started freelancing and working on Fiverr before we discussed starting a family. I wanted to stay at home with her to save on childcare and be able to spend more time with her, and I definitely wouldn’t change it for the world. Trying to find a balance can be difficult and led to the odd late night at first, but now she loves getting up early so it makes sense to use it to my advantage. I’m usually done with orders by mid-day if I get started right away, so I get to spend more time with her when places are open 🙂

Archived