How do you trust to new buyers?

houzlayna

Hello everyone,
A new buyer requests a long term job but they sometimes cut communication in the middle of job and you have to cancel order. I don’t want to work for a month or more for nothing. I’m not sure about to accept the job. He is registered at June.
What do you do with similar cases?

Given what you have said, I wouldn’t even choose to work with them.

This type of buyer simply causes the seller stress and every cancellation has an impact on your stats.

Why chance this one bad buyer potentially affecting other new orders in future?

If your completion rate falls below 90% over 60 days then you drop a Fiverr seller level. This could potentially have a massive impact on your sales.

• 2 months later...

I’ve read hundreds of buyer requests and in I’ve learned to STAY AWAY from buyers that try to lure sellers in with the promise of “long term” work or many more projects. In fact, for me it’s a red flag. They always seem to be the ones asking for the most work for the least money. I don’t even read on once I see these key words.
Respond to requests that are fair to you. And don’t get sucked in by false promises.

Hi @houzlayna

What did you choose to do with your “maybe long term” buyer?
I feel some buyer are just not the type you want to work with.
Like you, I had similar experiences, and in most of them, they ask for me to create an offer with a “fair” price considering we’ll work together for a long time…
Of course, they rarely accept the offer because they want to have the lowest price possible and then vanish.
As a result, when I submitted an offer with a fair price for both of us, most of these types of buyers simply disappear…
When the price is already low asking for an even more low price is just not fair.

I guess the more experience we gain, the more we learn on how to deal with new buyers, right?

Hi @houzlayna

What did you choose to do with your “maybe long term” buyer?

I feel some buyer are just not the type you want to work with.

Like you, I had similar experiences, and in most of them, they ask for me to create an offer with a “fair” price considering we’ll work together for a long time…

Of course, they rarely accept the offer because they want to have the lowest price possible and then vanish.

As a result, when I submitted an offer with a fair price for both of us, most of these types of buyers simply disappear…

When the price is already low asking for an even more low price is just not fair.

I guess the more experience we gain, the more we learn on how to deal with new buyers, right?

Right. Unfortunately we’ll send many more offers than we’ll get orders through buyer requests… in my case it’s around 10%. Try to be patient yet persistent. I only have 11 sales so far. Most of which were by sending offers to requests.

My hope is that with experience and more sales and reviews, this will increase incrementally.

Good luck!

Erika

Right. Unfortunately we’ll send many more offers than we’ll get orders through buyer requests… in my case it’s around 10%. Try to be patient yet persistent. I only have 11 sales so far. Most of which were by sending offers to requests.

My hope is that with experience and more sales and reviews, this will increase incrementally.

Good luck!

Erika

Hi @erikapimental ,

Have you tried to take a course on learn by Fiverr?

I took myself 3 of them and what I discovered is that the algorithm behind Fiverr favors (not surprisingly) sellers that complete successfully a course by ranking the linked gig better on the platform.

For instance, I have taken the course related to the gig voice over and I received 16 orders. As I am on the platform since June 2020, I believe there is a link.

I hope it will help you 🙂

Hi @erikapimental ,

Have you tried to take a course on learn by Fiverr?

I took myself 3 of them and what I discovered is that the algorithm behind Fiverr favors (not surprisingly) sellers that complete successfully a course by ranking the linked gig better on the platform.

For instance, I have taken the course related to the gig voice over and I received 16 orders. As I am on the platform since June 2020, I believe there is a link.

I hope it will help you 🙂

That’s great advice and I plan to! I’ve had my eye on it for a while but got a little disappointed after I missed my chance for a 30% discount 😂. At the moment I’m investing in my studio. But I didn’t know about the algorithm increasing traffic to gigs. Thanks!

Guest felixkun12

I am still struggling to get buyers to respond as 100+ requests just get dumped to one buyer and my low reputation account doesn’t stand a chance.

Archived