It would be cool if there was an EXPRESS REVENUE feature available

I have no problem waiting for funds, but it’d be cool if Fiverr made the option (of course for a processing fee) to receive your revenue quicker. I don’t know if I’m the only one that thinks this service would be highly used and in demand, but I can see it being a profitable venture for Fiverr’s staff to look into. I don’t think the seller’s would mind a conversion fee for faster turnarounds & of course, Fiverr should receive a processing fee for making the funds quicker. What do you think?

I think that’s an excellent idea.

But in all honesty, it’s no different than waiting for a paycheck from a normal job - you start working, get paid for what you do two to three weeks later.

It’s just in such small amounts that it seems like a pain. However, if you become one of these super sellers, I imagine it’s just like a normal job, eh?

Reply to @animusargentis: You’re absolutely right. It’s almost like waiting a fortnight or getting paid bi-weekly. I hadn’t thought of it like that before. But I also think if Fiverr made the option available, they could make some money. It’s almost like withdrawing a cash advance from a credit card. I’m not quite sure of how they handle the accounts and why it takes the time it does (I’d guess it has to do with bookkeeping, conversion rates, and clearance of money internationally) But I think it’d be an awesome way to make Fiverr even better than it is. Fiverr is the ULTIMATE place for opportunities and more importantly, AVAILABILITY!

Reply to @voiceoverrapper: This is true. But there’s also the way in which their own payroll and shares work.

They operate in the same manner that a bank does. Money from someone’s account clears in less than a day - that five dollars, Fiverr takes a dollar from instantly. Then, that extra four dollars sits in THEIR accounts and they are free to do what they want with it, for two weeks. Pay their employees, buy stock, whatever they like. It’s like they’re taking a secret loan from you. In two weeks, they build up enough revenue to cover all ‘loss’ they made by spending that money and then can pay everyone without worry of falling short in funds.

Your idea is awesome, but probably doesn’t work in their business model.

Fiverr is an awesome place, but Fiverr is a business and business think about themselves first and foremost.

I really do hope they find a way to expedite the payment for Sellers.

At least lower down the waiting time.

I understand the whole salary kind of system.

But we’re paid for a particular work. And if the work is considered delivered, then it is paid for. Unfortunately, the payment won’t be credited to us quickly.

Maybe if Fiverr can shorten the payment clearances as you go up the Levels. This way, you have already proven to the system that you are a good seller in Fiverr.

Hope this becomes a reality.

While I’m in favor of expediting the pay I disagree with the desire of some to pay more for it. Fiverr already takes a dollar for each five earned in perpetuity, which is 20%, now consider if you live in the US and pay taxes on that amount-- then you’re having to pay about 25% in taxes. This is already 45% taken from money you’ve worked for right off the top. So in plain math that’s one dollar for every five–leaving you with four dollars. Now four dollars minus twenty-five percent is another dollar-- leaving you three dollars. Now the transaction fee to paypal is paltry sure, but it’s another 2% percent I believe-- feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, for everything under $50. But right off the top that’s 47% gone! Which means for a five dollar gig you actually make $2.94. Third world wages, not too bad right? Who’s in a sweat shop now? Just some food for thought. Now sure you can earn more, if fiverr doesn’t take away your ability to do so from complaints or cancelations which as you browse the forum you’ll hear arguments for both sides, some responsible, many are not. And after $50 paypal only takes one dollar so you’re losing less there. The 45% is still going to linger regardless.

Also, I disagree with the idea that we’re paid like a job–false. With a job you make money within a pay-period. Period. Even if you’re an independent contractor which you are here according to taxes, you set up invoices within a pay-period. Now depending on if you do a Net30 or Net45 or what have you, you are getting paid for all the work within that period. Not so here. At fiverr each gig gets it’s own waiting period of fourteen days, if, and only if your buyer has signed off on the gig as complete. If they have not, then it’s 17 days. Now you get to transfer your funds. Depending on your paypal situation and how your bank works, you could be waiting up to 3 to 5 business days. So in total it could be a whole 20 to 22 days before you get paid your $2.94.

So to enthusiastically give more is not to my thinking a great idea. But maybe you see it differently, and that’s fine by me. This is just my two-cents. Now you have $2.96. Woohoo.

Sure, fiverr is great. And please don’t misconstrue this reality check as anything other than what it is, a reality check.

I use fiverr for a variety of reasons, extra cash, to test out skills, branch out, sharpen my tools, etc. And there are those making a living on fiverr and I applaud them. But if you’re doing something on here that takes a bit of time and you’re serious about your work, then these are considerations you may want to take a look at.

I still use fiverr happily, but all-in-all I like to know all the parameters to be better informed to decide if the task is worth my time or not.

Feel free to correct me if my math is off.

All the best.

Archived