Just Cancelled an Order Due to Unclear Expectations

chencho972

So a buyer purchased a gig of mine before they defined what they needed. After a day of communication I was able to figure out the buyer’s expectations and deliver the order.

The buyer immediately canceled the order and requested modification. The modifications were all beyond the scope of the gig so explained that I cannot meet those requirements and that I would only be able to deliver what I had already finished.

The buyer understood and changed his request but completed the task himself before I could respond. My response to that was a cancellation of order because I didn’t know what he wanted from me.

My counter was running the entire time (about three days) and now I will have a cancelled order on my history.

Will this hurt my reputation? Is there a way I can dispute having this canceled order on my account?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• Cresencio

Reply to @atechkid: Luckily I was able to retrieve the work I delivered to prevent from being completely ripped off and I didn’t want to report it because I thought “no big deal”.

Now I’m realizing that I will report him because he could be ripping off other sellers and maybe I was just lucky enough to get my work back.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived