Did you ever face an over-demanding Buyer

anish000kumar

Have you ever come across a buyer who wants you to do a lot of work at just $5. Well, I just went through such an experience recently.

Being new at fiverr, I’m very careful and dedicated for each buyer. Obviously because I want to make my gig a big one by serving the best possible way. Recently, buyer wanted me to do a much bigger job than what I had offered in my gig. I told him politely and courteously that I can’t afford to do such a time taking and expensive job for $5. He remained unresponsive for a day, and then all of a sudden I received this feedback ‘thumbs down’. I’m really disappointed ! Because I put in my soul and heart to complete each order, and then even after multiple revisions and him saying "I like this design ", what do I finally get is ‘thumbs down’ .

Have you ever faced such a situation ? I would also like to know , what should be done to handle such buyers and to avoid them from posting negative feedback for unfair reasons.

I’m sure a lot of sellers have experience this, myself included. One good way to try to counteract that is to make sure every aspect of your service is clearly spelled out in your gig description, including what you will and will not do for $5. That way, the issue will be more cut-and-dry when a buyer asks for something that your did description clearly states is not included or costs extra.

I have this happen all the time… I do reiki (energy healing) and readings on here and do the same amount of “free work” after the five dollar gig for each person (I try to). Then if the person keep insisting on more work I just tell them that because I have another website besides being a seller on fiverr I have to attend to the people that paid full price on my website! It usually works! I do have another website but every time I had to say that to someone I didn’t have another order at the time but that is none of their business!!

All the time.

It’s normal, our world isn’t a perfect world, there are people that you don’t want to dealing with. But, we are doing business here, can’t avoid it to happen.

My suggestion is, be professional. Make sure you do everything right, if it’s the buyer’s fault, stated it clearly to them or just contact fiverr customer support straight away.

If buyer start to ask more work than I offer, I will just point it out and say “it’s stated in my gig description”. I won’t do extra work for free unless it’s paid. I’m doing business here, not charity. I’ve also had someone ask me to do work cheap because other sellers doing it cheap. Wired logic!

I have an illustration gig, offering basic line work for $5, but if you want something decent, there’s extras need to pay. So I put in big, bold words in my gig description “Note: please contact me before ordering to get a quote.” as the first sentence, highlighted as well. To avoid unexpected orders. It helps, occasionally I still have some $5 orders asking for big job done. Well, the worst case is just let it go before you start to do any work. My cancelation is 2% from all my 2,420 orders.

(ps: As this illustration gig is featured, so I always have a lot of messages asking for quote, more than half didn’t make order as my price is out of their expectation, that’s really good for me, at least that way I avoid to have a lot of cancelled orders, and focus on the ones worth working with. )

Archived