How my friend got his first order in minutes

ronhi85

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year, I introduced a friend to Fiverr. After he had set up his account, I recommended that he takes some time to go through the forum in order to learn from experienced sellers. I also suggested that he stays active by posting and replying to other posts whenever he could. To his surprise, he got his first order barely an hour after he had posted on the forum. The client saw his post and went ahead to order from him.

In case you are wondering, yes - that’s also how I got my first order. In my case, it took around 3 weeks but my first client also ordered after seeing my posts on the forum. I don’t believe in coincidences. So here is my suggestion to new sellers struggling to get their first orders:

1. Learn. Go to this category and read through the threads. Most of the questions have been answered here comprehensively by experienced sellers

https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers

2. Be active on the forum.

Posting “why am I not getting any orders” doesn’t count as being active.

All the best!

Thanks a lot for posting a useful link for new seller. I m grateful to you.

Guest iberbsmooth1

An interesting take. I do believe that every available strategy that a seller has @ their disposal should be utilized and that’s why having this forum to bridge a number of ideas is so important. I too hope this will help others along the way. Thanks for posting.

Thank you for your input and advice and sharing how long it took you and your friend to get your first order. With all these “algorithms” and sellers on Fiverr, it can be hard to know how how you can get more people to find your profile. I never thought about clients reading the forum! I will stay active and positive! Thanks again!

I also think so…

In my way of reasoning, I believe people are more likely to check out a profile that shows interest in others and offers interest. Such as you keep your name out there even if it’s a little bit. I’m a graphic designer and my designs do well on Instagram because I follow this rule of commenting on others. I just want it to pan out here, and I love getting to know post.

I shared my ratings that earned consecutively 5 stars , amount of orders, around 1000 people visited my gigs, but not a single order. 😦

Great advice! The forum is also a great research tool for seeing what many buyers are doing wrong, so you can stand out by doing it right!

Great advice in this thread, and I agree! Scrolling through the forums offers valuable insight also as to how you can position yourself in a competitive market.

Or we can figure out what clients might be looking for that aren’t offered yet.

Great advice in this thread, and I agree! Scrolling through the forums offers valuable insight also as to how you can position yourself in a competitive market.

Or we can figure out what clients might be looking for that aren’t offered yet.

Thank you and that’s so true! Low-competition is really valuable. I’ve found it helpful myself. I try to avoid making unique gigs that have few, if any competitors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived