What do you think of the vintage style

danieloim

Guest the_possumist

Are you asking if it’s still trendy and marketable? Absolutely! I think vintage styles will always be popular to some degree, if only because people tend to be nostalgic.

That was my short reply.

Here’s what happens when I over-analyze:

“Vintage” can apply to a variety of time periods and cultures, so if you’re considering making a gig to design vintage banners or logos, etc., then you might want to specify the style or era to avoid possible confusion.

For example, I was born in the in the U.S. in the 1980’s, feel very sentimental about the 1990’s grunge period, and also love the flapper-style of the 1920’s and the hippy culture of the 1960’s. But “vintage” could describe all of them. And that just scratches the surface of American vintage possibilities. As an international marketplace, the term becomes almost meaningless…

Are you asking if it’s still trendy and marketable? Absolutely! I think vintage styles will always be popular to some degree, if only because people tend to be nostalgic.

That was my short reply.

Here’s what happens when I over-analyze:

“Vintage” can apply to a variety of time periods and cultures, so if you’re considering making a gig to design vintage banners or logos, etc., then you might want to specify the style or era to avoid possible confusion.

For example, I was born in the in the U.S. in the 1980’s, feel very sentimental about the 1990’s grunge period, and also love the flapper-style of the 1920’s and the hippy culture of the 1960’s. But “vintage” could describe all of them. And that just scratches the surface of American vintage possibilities. As an international marketplace, the term becomes almost meaningless…

thanks for comment, excellent answer

😄

Vintage style in what? If you mean furniture, yes. If you mean gigs or advertising, no.

Clothing no.

Vintage style in what? If you mean furniture, yes. If you mean gigs or advertising, no.

Clothing no.

you are right is a very broad style, that’s why I did not talk about something specific.

especially is to know your taste, each person has different tastes

Archived