Guest dimablue

I think a lot of people are feeling the same frustration. 20% commission seems a bit much, especially considering how much work some of us have to do to satisfy some of the ignorant buyers on here. I know Fiverr can say that a company like Apple takes 30% for each app you sell but Apple is also offering a lot more as far as a selling platform and seller tools too.

As much as I love Fiverr, I think that at the current rate, Fiverr will soon find themselves stuck in no-man’s land. They will neither be a good platform for attracting serious sellers nor will they be a relevant social network. I don’t think they can do both and personally I’d rather see them make a push for the latter. They are sitting on a huge gold mine of potential right now to become the next major social network as people use Facebook less and less these days. If only I worked for them…I have so many ideas.

Anyway, your illustrations are amazing! I hope Fiverr does what they can to keep sellers like you around!

Dan

Appreciate that you highlighted this issue. Same is the case with me. One guy ordered some 50 gigs at night without informing me first and then went on mass cancellation drive. However, I worked hard again to get a rating of 89% overall.

Another big drawback with the Version 2 is that unless you have 95% rating you can no longer offer your service to prospective buyers! I’ve sent an appeal to Team Fiverr to make it at least 70% several times (even though i have 89%) and so far there is no news from them.

I think we may finally have to move on as there

fiverr is really a special freelancer website I think, which is the reason I like it. I don’t know how long it will keep it’s features, but I am still looking forward to more improvement and innovation. I suggest that you pay attention to it, even if you leave. Don’t disappoint, it also gave us surprise.

Archived