Review of gig after order completed

So here is my issue with the ability of a buyer to rate me a week or so after the order is completed. Its not fair on the seller. Here’s why: We give the buyer ample time for revisions etc, but they decide to take their time and a week later give a low rating because we don’t respond in a timely manner, etc. Come on Fiverr, when the order is complete give ME the SELLER the option of whether I want the seller to review or NOT.

That’s not how any review system works, though. Reviews have always been a buyer’s way of expressing their love or distaste of a service. It should never be a place where the seller can control what is or is not said about their service. Delivering an order, and then intentionally silencing the voice and opinion of a buyer is not a good idea. Too many sellers would use this option to get around being negatively reviewed for shoddy work.

HI @kreatingkings i agree with you. also, i think buyers cannot do that or they don’t go to this way. if you did complete him/her job perfectly, then they couldn’t give you a negative review. if they give you negative review although you have completed the job perfectly, then you could contact with @ fiverr support . Fiverr support will see over that situation.

That’s not how any review system works, though. Reviews have always been a buyer’s way of expressing their love or distaste of a service. It should never be a place where the seller can control what is or is not said about their service. Delivering an order, and then intentionally silencing the voice and opinion of a buyer is not a good idea. Too many sellers would use this option to get around being negatively reviewed for shoddy work.

I agree, but my aim is to get the buyer to respond within an appropriate time frame. Giving me 1 star 2 weeks after gig was “marked for completion” is not right. The buyer complained that “they didnt get their revision”. Most of this is due to ill-informed new buyers.

I agree, but my aim is to get the buyer to respond within an appropriate time frame. Giving me 1 star 2 weeks after gig was “marked for completion” is not right. The buyer complained that “they didnt get their revision”. Most of this is due to ill-informed new buyers.

It is – and will always be – inappropriate for a seller to, in any way, control how and when a buyer might post a review. Buyers are allowed to post positive or negative reviews based upon their experience with your service and delivery.

It is – and will always be – inappropriate for a seller to, in any way, control how and when a buyer might post a review. Buyers are allowed to post positive or negative reviews based upon their experience with your service and delivery.

Your opinion is noted.

Archived