I just ordered a gig by accident? how can i cancel

alldigitalradio

Hi everyone. i was on a page. I tried to click something else but my mouse moved. i clicked order. i was not taken to any confirm screen it just IMMEDIATELY processed the order (i guess because i have money on my fiverr account)

I do not see a way to cancel . My account is still waiting for information for me to send the buyer. how can i cancel this without harming the seller. The seller currently has no reviews or orders pending.

Thanks

I’ve ran into this issue before and contacted customer service immediately. They handled it for me without causing a negative review for the seller. In fact, the gig just says it was cancelled by Customer Service. They didn’t make me do anything else. I would advice trying this first for the seller’s best interest.

Well really — you don’t need to at all. If you speak with the person that made a mistake ordering something for your gigs, if the gig they ordered was of the same time duration and same price, you can simply talk to them and perform the service they wanted without canceling. So say GiG A was for making Widgets for 5.00 but customer chose GiG B which was making paper airplanes for 5.00. Where it gets tricky however, is when they choose something that requires more time and at a different rate, but on a basic level, its a quick fix without messing with anyone’s numbers.

Furthermore, if it is something that requires more time, I do believe there is no penalty if the buyer never cancels it — so just make a deal where even though the clock runs out on that particular wrong order, it is still in progress and you will finish it in the prescribed time it really was going to be done, had they ordered the correct gig. No loss, everyone gains.

• 6 months later...

Reply to @jessica_carter: It affected the seller, even if you didn’t want it to. It is one of Fiverr’s worst policies. It increases the seller cancellation ratio (which, if it gets too large, sows up on their profile and gigs and turns buyers away from them), lowers the seller’s ratings (which affects their gig search results) AND negatively affects the seller’s ability to move up the levels.

I’m not sure why you choose the giggling emoticon but I can tell you that the seller would not think it was funny. 😦

Archived