What Do You Love and Hate The Most About Fiverr?

acossidente

Like:

1. Earning (during undergrad)
  2. Flexible timings
  3. User friendly and relatively attractive website (colours, features) as compared to other freelancing sites
  4. The Forum

Dislike:

1. Heavy files getting stuck while uploading for delivery (I have a relatively slow internet but the issue is only on fiverr, not on mails, dropbox, googledrive etc).
  2. Wrong online, offline timings of clients

Best thing:
I get to do what I love and make a decent amount of money from it
Flexibility
Collaborations: i create music and a lot of awesome collaborations and experiences have come from it!
Exposure to my youtube channel.
Very easy system, ive used other freelance website and they make things so complicated.
The community

Worst thing:
revisions, i think I panic every time i deliver but i dont get all that many but still i worry about it.
Rating system: I dont understand why the response rate should effect your rating very stupid i think.
Bugs and glitches, especially when uploading work and then the site goes down.
14 day fund clearance and i dont think 20% is an acceptable cut from our earnings.
there is a few other things but ill not go on lol

There is only love… However…

I really wish us sellers could have an order acceptance button on something like that. I want to have the option to accept an order as so many of my orders come with only half the requirements filled out and the countdown has already started.

If we got something like 48 hours to review the order and accept / decline that would be so good.

• 3 weeks later...

Best thing:

I get to do what I love and make a decent amount of money from it

Flexibility

Collaborations: i create music and a lot of awesome collaborations and experiences have come from it!

Exposure to my youtube channel.

Very easy system, ive used other freelance website and they make things so complicated.

The community

Worst thing:

revisions, i think I panic every time i deliver but i dont get all that many but still i worry about it.

Rating system: I dont understand why the response rate should effect your rating very stupid i think.

Bugs and glitches, especially when uploading work and then the site goes down.

14 day fund clearance and i dont think 20% is an acceptable cut from our earnings.

there is a few other things but ill not go on lol

Ha ha…I love your reply. Especially where to say that why are we rated on the response rate. My suggestion is to download the Fiverr app on your phone and reply to your buyer by saying you are out of your workstation and will get back soon.This made my rating go up.

Yes, 20% is really a lot of money. But I look at it as marketing cost for our business which is almost NIL as we get clients through Fiverr. Yet.I know I feel it is a lot every time I get a new order.

Like:

• no mandatory tests
  • you aren’t limited to a single selling category
  • you aren’t charged to work within additional categories
  • you don’t have to bid on jobs
  • you can hit the ground running
  • helpful community that can swap between being professional and fun
  • there isn’t a credits system (credits = amount of offers you’re permitted to submit a week/month)
  • you can set the price for your work/services
  • coherent blog posts that speaks to the audience and not down at them
  • Fiverrcast
  • no special invitations needed to work on the site (there’s a site with a feature similar to some freelance sites but you can only sign up to work if you were sent an invitation)

Dislike:

• the current state of Buyers Request
  • not being able to see Buyers’ ratings and reviews (really need details on whom I’m about to work with)
  • inconvenient glitches/bugs especially in regards to messages about orders (i.e. not receiving messages).
  • overly complex rating system

Thanks for your detailed reply - very useful.

I thought it was only me - that felt that the rate of Buyer Request is low. or is it filtered too much? Don’t know?

What does Fiverr Cast mean? Sorry - never heard of it

I love that it works as a store so it’s pretty much ´´ autoservice´´ but it makes me uncomfortable when someone just purchases the gig without previous contact, even when I clearly state it several times in the gig description. That´s not fiver’s ´´fault´´ but I wish everyone could read the instructions haha.

Thanks for your detailed reply - very useful.

I thought it was only me - that felt that the rate of Buyer Request is low. or is it filtered too much? Don’t know?

What does Fiverr Cast mean? Sorry - never heard of it

FicerrCast is this really amazing and helpful broadcast that highlights some key issues and solutions for both buyers and sellers. There are 40+ episodes currently with more in the works.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Fiverrcast (Podcast)

This category is for official Fiverr podcasts (not personal podcasts) and discussion regarding specific episodes.

There are two questions and I have two answers.

One answer is: "nothing."

The other answer is: “everything.”

But I’m just not saying which answer of mine corresponds to which question. 😉

which answer of mine corresponds to which question

Why are you not saying? 😎

I love that it works as a store so it’s pretty much ´´ autoservice´´ but it makes me uncomfortable when someone just purchases the gig without previous contact, even when I clearly state it several times in the gig description. That´s not fiver’s ´´fault´´ but I wish everyone could read the instructions haha.

indieoven…I know what you are saying. I too received and order without any clue as to who the buyer was. Thankfully the topics I had to write about were generic and I could deliver on time. I too wish people would read instructions…all DONT…haha

FicerrCast is this really amazing and helpful broadcast that highlights some key issues and solutions for both buyers and sellers. There are 40+ episodes currently with more in the works.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Fiverrcast (Podcast)

This category is for official Fiverr podcasts (not personal podcasts) and discussion regarding specific episodes.

Thanks opaz.muse for the link. Cheers!

Archived