Friendly or Professional?

ghemachandar1

Guest gredos7827

Honestly, I think your best bet is to be yourself. I like to think that I am both friendly and professional. Ha! I may be wrong. But I just try to be who I am 🙂

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I think your best bet is to be yourself. I like to think that I am both friendly and professional. Ha! I may be wrong. But I just try to be who I am 🙂

Point taken. When you are pretending to be what you aren’t, it SHOWS.

Guest gabbyseunagal

I would say that a mix of friendliness and professionalism is appropriate when working with buyers. Try to access the situation and the vibes that the buyer is emitting.

• 2 weeks later...

It is completely depend on that situation . But at starting point you should show professional attitude with your buyer 🙂

It is completely depend on that situation . But at starting point you should show professional attitude with your buyer 🙂

Yeah… i agree…

how about both?

Frie-professional

• 10 months later...

Why do you ask them for a tip? Does that even work without upsetting the buyers? If I buy something, I would definitely not like it for a seller to explicitly ask for a tip - that’s something the buyer decides to give, to take the seller by surprise.

If the seller asks for a tip, and the buyer grants them one, it’ll be less of a surprise…

SURPRISE! I agree with you completely 🙂

@

Guess what? I go to great lengths to find a buyer’s name when they don’t give it. My buyers give me their websites, so a simple “whois” search gives me their public records, hence their name. (even a Google search for their nickname reveals interesting stuff #i_stalker). And when I call them by name, they get friendly. It’s weird, but it always worked 😃

Woofy31, I absolutely agree! I am very professional up front, but once I begin to use their name, buyers respond very well. I especially strive for that when they leave a review. If I say “Thanks, Dave, for your thoughtful review!” it always helps. AND - other buyers see that review, and appreciate the level of interpersonal connection.

I agree, weird, but it works amazingly well! One of the best Customer Service tips someone could ever share!

Excellent info! I forgot about the old Who Is trick!

• 1 year later...
Guest superiormentor

Please don’t use exclamation marks and above all NEVER use more than one!!!

It looks childish and screams “I’m an idiot”.

Do not be friendly. This is not a place or situation where we are looking for friends.

Be professional at all times.

What if you like some one.

Archived