Extortion

ellabears

I recently purchased a gig to have someone write 5 articles for 25 bucks .

the job was great delivered in a timely manner .

my problem is …

Now i have this guy from India stating he wrote the articles and was never paid .

he is now threatening me with plagiarism ,and says he is going to file for duplicate content which will have a negative effect on my rankings in google .

The person whom i hired says she wrote the articles ,but the guy from india has all the content … How did he obtain that info ? Or did he write it ?

i was contacted via my site email … saying , please remove content…

any ideas ?

The person you hired most likely stole the content. The guy from India is blowing smoke, filing for duplicate content by 1 person will not do jack to your rankings. If you’re that worried though just link the articles back to his site then you will definitely be fine.

It’s a tricky situation. I’ve found content online before that I’ve written and not been paid for by the person who hired me to do it and had to go straight to the person placing the articles online. Can the guy prove that he wrote the content and sent it to the person you bought it from? Not that many people try to pull this one and he should have emails with the other person supporting that he wrote the articles and sent them to her.

As for duplicate content, did he put the articles up before you? That’s a clear sign that the content was his in the first place.

In my opinion It is always a good idea if you purchase articles to ask for a draft copy first, before the delivery and run those articles through Copyscape or a similar plagiarism/originality program.

I realize Copyscape does cost money, but it is well worth it to protect yourself when purchasing articles.

I have a writing gig and I always send a draft copy first, and of course I verify all my own writing using Copyscape and two other software programs.

Archived