Need help! :(

Guest janessa13

Guest janessa13

Hi, I am janessa and I am a newbie here…

My graphic gig has been out there for 3 days and I haven’t received any order.

Is there anything I could do to get more orders? 😦

Guest janessa13

I have uploaded all 3 slides for my logo design gig and have also uploaded the timeline cover for my gig.

Guest janessa13

Reply to @concretebox: Well… I think you haven’t " checked " my portfolio.

I have uploaded a lot of my work in there. You shouldn’t start commenting by only seeing one page.

Guest janessa13

I guess what is why people don’t order. They think I don’t have any of my works uploaded there, by just viewing the cover and not browsing through the next slide.

Hi @janessa13 - 3 days is not long enough to acquire a volume of orders. I see you have already had one delivery, however graphic design, especially logo design specifically, is a very competitive niche on fiverr.

The first thing you need, is a video for your gig. This will increase your visibility and add an additional element of interest for people visiting your page. The video does not need to be one of yourself (however that will add a personal element to it), but it should be maybe a collection of your works put into a short explainer video to draw additional interest into your gig.

Your description is okay, but I would probably revise it for additional keywords and specifics.

Give it a week or two and see how the orders come in.

Good luck!

I suspect it is also because so many other fiverr gigs offer the same service. I haven’t got any sales too even though I have a video and a dedicated portfolio.

On the other hand, even people who actually had good going gigs now complain their sales have dropped.

I also do hope I will have a sale at one point or another.

Best of luck!

janessa13 said: I have uploaded all 3 slides for my logo design gig and have also uploaded the timeline cover for my gig.

From what I can tell you are taking advantage of the new features that Fiverr offers. However, you didn't mention anything about actual marketing. Unfortunately when you're a new seller, you cannot depend on search results or category pages to bring you many sales in the beginning. You're likely being outdone by other sellers with far more orders and positive feedback under their belt. You're going to have to actually promote your gig in other places to bring in traffic not already on Fiverr. Share your gig on your social networks, start a blog about your services and link to your Fiverr gig. Use an Adwords or Facebook coupon and drive some traffic.

It's hard to relate to the complaint that you're not receiving any sales when it doesn't appear that you're actually promoting your gig in anyway. You got a sale in your first 3 days. Consider yourself lucky! I've known many sellers (myself included) who took MUCH longer to get their first sale. I have a website specifically dedicated to my gigs, and was blogging and promoting heavily. I had a video for my first gig from the beginning. It STILL took me more than a week to get my first sale. So just focus on some outside marketing and you'll likely start to see more sales come in.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Here’s some pointers (god why do i give things away to the newbies). Oh hi my name is Josh I write a Fiverr blog called Fiverrtastic…google it, it has some amazing Fiverr advice. Ok heres what I see. (1) YOU NEED MORE GIGS!!! Don’t just do logo gigs. (2) are those your logo samples or are they actual designs made by you for clients or design contests. I see the pelicans one had to be a design submission on a contest site from you. it’s damn good too (3) Change your keywords 4) Update your gig regularly If you don’t the gig will lose rankings. I would take your challenge and order just for grins and giggles. i always update my logos.

Hey janessa13,

Yea I’m fairly new to fiverr myself. The beginning can be a little frustrating. I think the biggest boost I had for my best selling gig was the addition of a video. It really is the best way to show your creativity and uniqueness. Also, you have to promote through social media…I find twitter to be the best as you get a more diverse crowd on there.

Hope this helps.

J

Archived