Hey! Just introducing myself

Guest charliescloset

Guest charliescloset

😊 I’ve been here for like four days, and i’m already enjoying the forum so I thought i’d create a thread and introduce myself.
I’m Charlie and i’m a clinical psychologist, I live in a country that requires a lot of help, so I pretty much just work with all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds.
A few weeks ago though, I had a legal case where the person implicated basically started following me around and threatening me, so I thought i’d bring my practice online hahaha less danger (I hope).
Anyway, my introduction went on for waay too long (I tend to do that).

Best wishes to all of you on your gigs!

Guest charliescloset

Hello Charlie welcome to Fiverr.

Just a quick question. Is there a difference between psychiatrist and psychologist? Sorry couldn’t control myself to ask this question.

Oh no worries. I get that all the time.

A psychiatrist is a doctor that went to medical school and specialized in treating mental disorders, so they will treat anxiety, depression, ADHD, etc, using drugs and making sure the chemistry of your brain is back to the levels it should be. They take care of the biological side of things.

A psychologist did not go to medical school, so they will not give you any drugs. They will help to build up things like coping mechanisms, self esteem, relationships, communication and the more emotional side of things.

Ideally the two would work hand in hand like if you have depression a psychiatrist will give you the drug and a psychologist will help build up your emotional side so that you can cope with your life in a healthier way.

However we’re all just too selfish and psychiatrists end up giving emotional therapy and psychologists will try to get you to take vitamins and shit haha but ideally you shouldn’t let that happen.

Oh no worries. I get that all the time.

A psychiatrist is a doctor that went to medical school and specialized in treating mental disorders, so they will treat anxiety, depression, ADHD, etc, using drugs and making sure the chemistry of your brain is back to the levels it should be. They take care of the biological side of things.

A psychologist did not go to medical school, so they will not give you any drugs. They will help to build up things like coping mechanisms, self esteem, relationships, communication and the more emotional side of things.

Ideally the two would work hand in hand like if you have depression a psychiatrist will give you the drug and a psychologist will help build up your emotional side so that you can cope with your life in a healthier way.

However we’re all just too selfish and psychiatrists end up giving emotional therapy and psychologists will try to get you to take vitamins and shit haha but ideally you shouldn’t let that happen.

Thanks!

I was looking for answer to this question since a while. I thought there’s no difference between them everything is same. Now I learnt one new thing today.

Thanks again.

Guest charliescloset

Thanks!

I was looking for answer to this question since a while. I thought there’s no difference between them everything is same. Now I learnt one new thing today.

Thanks again.

haha you’re welcome.

Archived