Copyright

lglaser

I have ordered several gigs that have a video that contain similar or the real artwork from some famous companies, such as disney and disney characters. I love the work that was done and want to use it for my business, posting them on FaceBook and YouTube, my personal blog etc. Is this legal for me to do this? Will I get in any trouble? - thank you in advance.

Hi,

Yes you would get in trouble UNLESS you have a written agreement to use the real artwork for your end project.

This will constitute a copyright violation and in a normal case, the copyright owner would ask you to take the video down and in the extreme case can result in law suit (rare but possible).

I received another gig that I was very pleased with, however when I posted it on Facebook it was rejected as having copyright issues. I’m concerned that if this happens again I will get booted off FB, the way some people have been removed from youtube permanently. Is that possible?

Also, how can I confirm that gigs are offering video that doesn’t infringe on copyright?

Archived