Allow Direct Referrals Within Fiverr

I offer non-fiction proofreading and editing gigs; there have been buyers for evaluations of eBooks where I recommended proofing and editing, but I am not free to take on the bigger job. Also, I refer to graphic designers for ebook covers etc.

I usually just look up a gig for the service, pick out one that looks good, then give the link to my buyer. It would be really nice if Fiverr had a referral program on a point system or something (not getting paid for a referral) where if we get so many points we get something nice added to our profile or it contributes to leveling up.

Maybe others would have some ideas on this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest matt_garry

referrals are a slippery slope earning money from people you get to join and then making a small commission from their sales. Can lead to people making more money from recruiting people then actually working or selling a product witch is a pyramid scheme basically and will eventually lead to destruction

Just to be clear, there are at least two different uses of the term “referral” being used in this thread…

1. simply telling your customers about another seller they might be interested is using, but no money or credits are exchanged or expected for sharing that info

2. an organized PROGRAM or agreement where one company - let’s call it Company X - or seller pays other companies or selected individuals a financial commission, kickback or bonus (or a credit worth $$) for each customer or transcation they can prove they sent to Company X, sometimes without the customer even knowing that the two companies are exchanging money for the referral

Archived