The new fiverr

foxymoxy

Usually it takes 4-6 days. I waited mine for 6 days and now I am on the new fiverr.

It really rocks!!! 🙂 One thing I don’t like is you cannot sort the gigs via ratings, newest, has video, etc. not like the old one so highest rated seller must expect lower sales at the new fiverr. (But I am not really sure if the “sort-by” feature is really disappear, maybe I just can’t find it…)

See it yourself when you are on the new Fiverr 🙂

Goodluck.

Also seems to depend on whether you are a seller or just-a-buyer. Sellers get on earlier, since they need to check and update their listings to make sure they display well in the new layout.

As a just-a-buyer type myself, I have been on the waitlist for more than a week now. A few days ago I did get an e-mail from Fiverr (regular e-mail, not through their online message system) that offered to put me at the top of the waitlist if I let them post on my Facebook page and send an announcement (ad?) to my FB contacts. I declined that for privacy reasons, and am still on the waitlist.

Reply to @whitehatseo10: I am not really sure to be honest, but as I am exploring the site and I can’t find the sort-by feature, I realize buyer will unable to sort the Gigs via ratings. Meaning orders will distributed equally to all Gigs out there as buyer cannot sort it by ratings.

This is a good news for new sellers and bad news for those highest rated seller.

DISCLAIMER: I am not really sure with the above statement 🙂

Reply to @artemist: Yes you are right 🙂 They really ask you to post on your wall… But for us seller, giving them that little favor is not really a big deal compared to what opportunity they are giving us (They gave me the opportunity to work from home and quit my day job and earn more). So I let them use my facebook wall also for MY OWN sake.

News for people on the waitlist. I am “just-a-buyer” and put my name on the waitlist for V2 the first day it was posted, and was given access to V2 this morning.

Almost missed it as it was just a small clickable box in the corner of the page on V1. So, as a buyer (not a seller) what looks new>

1. Message system said I had 4 messages needeing response, but 3 were on old and completed purchases, and one was blank. There was no option to “clear” those so I marked them with a “bug report”. Don’t see future problems with this as they will age out soon anyway.

2. Saved gig collections I made in V1 don’t show in V2. Yes, V2 has a similar feature, but it did not carry over the items and collections from V1. So will have to switch back and forth from V2 to V1 to copy and paste all the ones I still want to save. (Maybe by keeping 2 browser windows open at once - one for V1 and one for V2?)

… will keep looking around.

@artemist This is not good for sellers. I mean, as a seller (an old one by the way), I should be granted access to V2 before any potential buyers can see my gigs. As a buyer you shouldn’t have access to V2 before any seller. Not to mention that this is still a beta version that should be only available to sellers to test it.

That might sound a little bit arrogant, but it’s not. In fact all I want is to have the opportunity to tweak my gis the best way I can before any potential buyers can see them.

I have no idea how my gigs are seen by buyers in V2, and I am unable to modify them from V1. Big mistake by Fiverr! That could lead to less orders for all sellers still in V1.

By the way, I am on the waiting list since the first day and I don’t have access yet. I thought they were giving access to V2 depending on the date you joined the waiting list. How come even buyers are granted access to V2 before us sellers?

No offence to you ‘‘artemist’’. Just my point of view.

Reply to @s_sayan:

No problem. I agree that sellers should be able to verify their listings first.

But my personal experience is that about a third of the sellers I try to contact simply do not respond. Either they don’t think is is worth the bother for $5, or they have gone inactive on Fiverr, or maybe there is a technical issue with the message system.

So Fiverr can’t really wait for EVERY seller to catch on and catch up. But good active sellers like you deserve a shot.

Then again, testing the new layout and functionality from a BUYERS point of view is probably needed as well. Fiverr V2 has gotten plenty of bug reports from SELLERS, and I am sure they are working on them. Perhaps now they are letting some of the more active “just-a-buyer” types get in a little early to get THAT point of view and feedback as well. If they find that lots of BUYERS find a previously unknown big bug/glitch in the system, Fiverr need to know about that before they open V2 to all buyers.

Archived