Top Gigs on Fiverr

samoroid_studio

1 Funny Introduction Video – Fiverr has a myriad of services that offer introduction videos – but Professor Hons Von Puppet has to be the best. These are the type of viral gigs that have helped Fiverr grow so exponentially. There’s some professional ones out there too, such as a simple white background with an attractive female speaking over it.

1. Logos – Logo work can be expensive, the European Commission was famous for
    spending £300,000 on a new logo. Today you can get them for $5. As a designer myself, I know that there’s a lot of time and thought that goes into the perfect logo, however if you’re drawing a blank one thing you can do is order a logo on Fiverr to give you a few ideas, or you could just end up with the perfect logo. I ordered a logo right around when Fiverr started, and wasn’t too impressed (to my design standards), but it did give me a few ideas. That alone is worth $5. But now with the sudden growth of Fiverr, the demand for logo gigs has started to soar and as such, designers are taking advantage of that demand.

Recommendation: The problem with selling logos for $5, is that sellers really have to be completing them in under 10-15 minutes just to get minimum wage after fees, taxes, etc. And what many people have complained about is that the logos are being plagiarized or taken from template sites or are just downright ugly. With that being said, I’m a big advocate of the crowdsourcing route where essentially it’s a logo competition where designers compete for your business. It’s a win/win for both parties. If you really want to invest in your business, and want many logo options to choose from, checkout our 99Designs review.

But if you’re at the stage where you haven’t even incorporated, you’re on a strict budget and are just getting started than Fiverr can you a relatively decent logo quickly. Here are some of the best logo designers on Fiverr.

Whomever you choose, just make sure you get the source files (PSD/AI), as they’re crucial for updating your image.

1. Illustrations – If you need an illustration for your logo – or anything else, Fiverr has plenty of designers who can help you with everything from caricatures, drawings, blueprints, etc. See their selection of illustrators here.

2. Business Cards – Starting from scratch, designing a business card can take hours. Thankfully, there are a myriad of sellers on Fiverr who have already designed a business card – they just need to input the information you’d like on there. See the selection of business cards here

3. Voiceovers – If you prefer to produce videos yourself, Fiverr does have plenty of sellers offering voiceovers. Sure you could record it yourself, but I’ve used a seller on there who has all the professional equipment to deliver high quality audio… the last thing you want to here in a voiceover is static or background noise. I ordered a voiceover for a recording on my voicemail to give it more of a professional feel.

4. User Tests – If you’re a technology startup and/or have a web application, user tests are a must. Eric Ries details in The Lean Startup how user tests are instrumental for any startup. When he started IMVU, he just assumed that users would just “get it”, that isn’t until he brought in people to test their application did he find a myriad of issues with his product. Through the process of feedback and constant iteration, Ries was able to focus on the features that users actually wanted.

Today, you don’t have to bring in people. You can simply watch as a user records his screen and goes through your website with a set of instructions that you give him. You’re essentially watching over his shoulder. The Lean Startup spawned a series of websites dedicated to user feedback. Fiverr, however allows you to essentially cut out the middleman and purchase user tests for merely $5. As opposed to other websites who charge at least $25 per test, and they usually require you to buy multiple tests. Find User Tests here. Opt for the people offering a screencast video as opposed to a written report, and purchase a few from different sellers. Getting multiple opinions for under $25 provides so much value for your business.

1. Last but not least – post a request. If you need something small, post a request and you should see sellers sending you a message within 24 hours.

Archived