Too many sellers, less buyers on Fiverr now! TIPs here

seo_and_web

I think that awhile ago, fiverr reached a level of higher difficulty to make sales like before.

There might be too many sellers now compared to buyers or other Fiverr alternatives are taking the attention here and there in different flavors.

Does make sense?? Or I just see this and it is not true!

Let me know about your opinion and I will share you my tips later, let me see…

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People want to see other people do what they tell them. There are many oddly specific gigs on Fiverr, which is great, but the potential lies in the “Request Gigs” section. What Fiverr needs to be doing is improving that section to allow room for more gig requests in higher volume, more frequently.

When someone sends a request, they are basically pledging $5 so long as the request is fulfilled.

When someone adds a gig, unless it’s amazing, the success is usually up to luck.

Hi,

This is happening only to some specific section I believe.

Recently Google has changed their algorithm that’s why less buyer in seo section because Google penalize sites having paid links.

But in ASP.Net section there are quite good customers but this section takes a lot of time to complete the gig.

Right now I am involve in above sections only

Thanks

Guest evilpudding

I imagine I wasn’t here a few months ago (I haven’t been here for a long time anyway) so I can’t compare. My personal anecdote is that some of my gigs were consistently getting ordered (not heavily, but at the same rate) and some never took off. It just bothered me that the ones I’d really like to do were the ones that never got any interest, and the boring ones were requested beyond my capabilities and I had to suspend them.

But again, perhaps I haven’t been here long enough to notice the decline. A decline is definitely predictable, what with the economy and all.

Unfortunately, I think that Fiverr is limited by the fact that the basic selling price is only $5. There are some mad skills and talent out there and it increasingly makes more sense to be able to sell at a price that’s more appropriate to the service or product. For example, someone says they can build you a WordPress website for $5. Realistically, this doesn’t fit into a $5 price category. I know you can create add-ons, but that doesn’t really work well.

Other folks have said it here already, but the Fiverr alternatives are gaining more attention, making Fiverr a seller-rich and buyer-poor environment.

Guest evilpudding

Yeah, but then it wouldn’t be fiverr, would it? It’s likely that other alternatives may be more profitable, but it always seemed to me, at least intuitively, that a fixed price would be more attractive to buyers.

Archived