Level 2 downgrade

godbiz

I have had my level 2 account downgraded recently because of a refund to the customers multi order. I refunded because the customer was requesting a bit to much revisions AND making changes as the revision were made (my gig was clear against this).

My advice to sellers…

If you have received a 'multi order" at once,…lets say one customer places 8 orders from one gig… DO NOT BY ANY MEANS cancel or refund the multi order…Fiverr will see it as a high ratio of cancellations and your level will be downgraded. Finish the job by any means, as it is better to put up with the customers

than to not finish the job and receive a beautiful downgrade!

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

why did he order 8 separate orders? sounds more like a troll buyer. i have lost my level 2 times before don’t sweat it. i promoted your gig on my Fiverr blog fb page. have a Fiverrtastic day.

Oh… I only have 1 gig. Buyers usually contact me first as stated in the gig in order for mt to quote them for the sketch / idea they wish to be transferred to computer…this buyers idea had cost $40 to do so.

So when it was cancelled…fiverr saw it as 8 cancellations… 😦

I thought that when buyers order bulk, it only gets classed as one. I know when I’ve cancelled a multi-order like that - the buyer ordered two sets of 8 without contacting me first - but the cancellation number only went up by two.

It may be worth contacting Customer Support, like arnevb said, to see if they can do something and show them proof of the situation you were in.

No…it isn’t so. When I got the downgrade I immediately contacted support and they responded with this:

SUPPORT REP -

"Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately due to having to many cancellations, it has caused your level badge to be removed. As you continue to sell without too many canceled orders, the automated system will promote you automatically.

Regards,

----"

ME -

I understand that… but the cancellation was from 1 client (job) with multiple orders for one job. Does that still apply?

It is heart wrenching to know that I have 100% positive feedback from all customers and because of 1 client (job) all rep from the past 3 months has come to nought.

disappointed

Kevin.

SUPPORT REP -

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately that still applies. All orders are calculated. Hopefully it will not take long to get back up.

Best,

—"

I guess they have the final say on these matters…so i didn’t even bother 😦

Look Godbiz, having being at your level once and thought about the issue deeply, I realized why Fiverr is doing this to any Seller who is getting His or Her order cancelled frequently and why Fiver is so RIGHT about such decision.

I sated the reason at http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/comment/35030#Comment_35030 in response to a similar post to yours.

Read it.

Hi, I read your discussion, I forgot to mention… It was me who asked for the cancellation (so the customer would get a full refund). One of the repliers mentioned something that I totally agree with…he stated that most buyers do not read the full gig description (in my case, especially when it comes to revision)…but still place the order!!

Any how…I let the client know in advance that I would not be making any more revisions as I had already made nine of them AND could have the original c.a.d. files… I did not want the customer to just be refunded…but to also have a peace of mind that they least got the c.a.d files that they could continue their revisions with elsewhere…

• 4 weeks later...
godbiz said: was me who asked for the cancellation (so the customer would get a full refund). One of the repliers mentioned something that I totally agree with...he stated that most buyers do not read the full gig description (in my case, especially when it comes to revision)...but still place the order!!

Whether you or the buyer directly ask for an order cancellation, order cancellation to Fiverr is Bad. Unfortunatlly, Fiverr is yet to state the amount of order cancellations that could get ones Level badge removed. This is why you need to have a 'Plan B' for each Gig you post. Plan B as to would be UNFORESEEN Occurrences like when a Buyer fails to respond to your instruction(s), when you yourself get tied up as to delivering your orders within the time frame you promised etc. Hope you get what I am talking about here?

godbiz said: was me who asked for the cancellation (so the customer would get a full refund). One of the repliers mentioned something that I totally agree with...he stated that most buyers do not read the full gig description (in my case, especially when it comes to revision)...but still place the order!!

Whether you or the buyer directly ask for an order cancellation, order cancellation to Fiverr is Bad. Unfortunatlly, Fiverr is yet to state the amount of order cancellations that could get ones Level badge removed. This is why you need to have a 'Plan B' for each Gig you post. Plan B as to would be UNFORESEEN Occurrences like when a Buyer fails to respond to your instruction(s), when you yourself get tied up as to delivering your orders within the time frame you promised etc. Hope you get what I am talking about here?

Guest scriptwizard

Hi godbiz, that is so very interesting that you say quote, “If you have received a 'multi order” at once,…lets say one customer places 8 orders from one gig… DO NOT BY ANY MEANS cancel or refund the multi order…Fiverr will see it as a high ratio of cancellations and your level will be downgraded."

I say that this is interesting because I had to work 4/5 or in some cases 8 times harder to earn my level 2 status. How I work this out is because the automated Fiverr system does not count multiple orders when deducing how well you are working or grading you for successes. In other words if you complete a gig that a buyer has had to pay for multiple gig orders, the system will only recognize it as one (singular) success. Yet clearly it does have the potential to recognize multiple orders when it sees fit (i.e. where money is involved as you describe). I am beginning to get a clearer picture of the system’s workings here now. The system’s programming is bias & favours itself from a personal gain kind of perspective… Interesting.

Guest scriptwizard

Hi godbiz, that is so very interesting that you say quote, “If you have received a 'multi order” at once,…lets say one customer places 8 orders from one gig… DO NOT BY ANY MEANS cancel or refund the multi order…Fiverr will see it as a high ratio of cancellations and your level will be downgraded."

I say that this is interesting because I had to work 4/5 or in some cases 8 times harder to earn my level 2 status. How I work this out is because the automated Fiverr system does not count multiple orders when deducing how well you are working or grading you for successes. In other words if you complete a gig that a buyer has had to pay for multiple gig orders, the system will only recognize it as one (singular) success. Yet clearly it does have the potential to recognize multiple orders when it sees fit (i.e. where money is involved as you describe). I am beginning to get a clearer picture of the system’s workings here now. The system’s programming is bias & favours itself from a personal gain kind of perspective… Interesting.

• 4 years later...
Guest offlinehelpers

I feel you. I had some people who were not replying no matter what I did, so I cancelled the gigs as to not charge them. Fiverr downgraded me and now my completion is less than 90% which now means I will be further downgraded when my review comes around. That sucks! So now I have a no refund policy, so if they order and don’t reply that is on them.

Please find some newer threads to comment on - this one’s 5 years old! :zombie:

Thank you! 🙂

Archived