Buyer unwilling to cancel order

sarahellestudio

I have an order than is now overdue - the buyer did not buy adequate gigs for the job. I sent him several messages and cancelation requests that he needs to pay xx amount if dollars in order for me to do the job or we can cancel the order. he keeps denying the cancellation request and is now demanding his product. he refuses to cancel and won’t pay. do I just contact customer support or keep sending in cancellation requests?? now that the order is late i’m going to be stuck with a negative against me. I have no idea what to do. any suggestions???

Unfortunately you let it go too far. The first 5 minutes after you realize someone wants more than your gig offers for the price, send a cancellation request with polite wording explaining why. If the buyer doesn’t respond right away or doesn’t agree to cancel, then open a support ticket. Once you let it run late the buyer pretty has the option to cancel with a refund and leave you negative feedback. CS might remove it or they might not. Definitely contact them now just in case.

Hi @sarahellestudio,

This sounds like a really frustrating situation. I agree with @fonthaunt that in the future, it’s best to cancel early, but I realize that doesn’t do much for now. I’d definitely reach out to Customer Support, but before you do so, take the time to put together a concise explanation and some supporting materials (i.e. a few screenshots of your conversations and attempts) so that the rep can tell from a quick glance at your ticket that you are in the right.

It’s a shame to see things like this happening to good Sellers! I’ll be putting together a post shortly for warning signs and red flags to help you start looking for clues early on about potentially difficult Buyers in the future.

Feel free to reach out if you ever want advice.

David

https://www.fiverr.com/david388

Archived