Buyers "tricking" for Free Gigs, then threatening with leaving negative feedback

Guest vsanto18

Guest vsanto18

Buyers “tricking” for Free Gigs, then threatening with leaving negative feedback is you do not deliver.

Is it just me or do I always fall (Victim). How to prevent buyers from getting Gigs for free.

I had a buyer order a gig of mine,(A graphic design gig)

The Gig is very transparent in what is being delivered, however if the client would like more to what the Gig offers they have the option to purchase one or more of the Gig Extra’s

Gig Extras are designed to get more out of the Gig based on which one is selected.

On my Gig I have (3) Gig extra’s

1. Create a Total of (3) Images … (5$)
  2. Take requests or make modifications such as add logo, integrated paragraphs & images etc… (20$)
  3. Gladly accept a donation (5$)

Gig extra’s are priced depending on the amount of time and work involved.

Once a Gig is ordered for (Basic Gig)

The following message is sent to the buyer

All right great ! Let’s get you started,

Type of Business/ Venture:

Social media site:

Link / Username:

Client orders the Basic Gig with the (First extra) for a Total of (3) Images.

I then receive an in-depth explanation of what the clients venture is. The client totally ignores the fact of the information guideline that has to be followed. The client add’s 8 attachments.

Once I received the information that was given to me. I politely explain what he had ordered, what is included and I then explained in detail on how Gig extra’s work. I went on with the conversation by explaining (If custom addon’s or special requests need to be made, please order the “Correct Gig Extra”. The buyer (34hours) later, explains that he ordered a Gig extra and he does not need to order anymore. I then explained to him once again, how gig extra’s work and the conversation was becoming repetitive. Finally the buyer ordered a (Secondary Gig extra) The client has ordered the (Donation Gig) then sending me the following message saying ( I Ordered the Extra now do my work ) I then explained to him. A Gig extra are priced accordingly depending on the Gig extra. If a Gig extra is ordered please do not tell me that it means something else when I have wrote the extra’s to cater the gig very carefully. I then clicked on the buyers profile and to my surprise. . This buyer is a seller here on Fiver with over 44 reviews. He knew exactly what he was doing and wanted the Gig extra’s for free. I confronted the buyer explaining to him what I have seen on his profile and asked why would he try to approach my gig with such “confusion”. The buyer got upset and then threatened me by telling me If I do not cancel : Quote " You’d rather take a very bad review than agree to cancellation right? Customer service please cancel the order or ask him where is the item he has delivered? Thank you. "

The messages with the buyer and I went back and forth for a few days in resulting in over 35 messages, As I am explaining I have no trouble in finishing the Gig however I will like to do it with the correct approach catered to the Gig that is why we have Gig Extra’s. I do not feel i should give the benefit to this buyer as he is trying to cheat me. This will leave a mark on my account as gigs not completed as this is false. I am trying to complete this Gig but the buyer refuses to accept or understand my conversation. This is very frustrating. I will not call out anyone by name.

Just be careful when dealing with these types of buyers. He can be found in my profile as the one who left a negative review. I contacted Fiverr in the past regarding a (Extortion of Gig services ) in the past. Fiverr was of no help and said they can not do anything. This was very unprofessional on fiverr’s side. We should of sellers protection when dealing with Fraud or forceful activity and beyond. I will update this thread as the buyers actions continue.

Guest vsanto18

If anyone is interested in the exchanged of messages I will post them below: (I have blocked out any direct or personal information to protect the clients of the buyer)

Me:

Hi, please send me the following information to get started:

Buyer:

Hello,

Please use the images below to create a Facebook status update that can be used for advert.

The business name is " *** ********* ****** "

I have attached pictures you can should use and ***** logo.

See page for inspiration: www. *********

I want better quality images than the one used before. Thanks.

****** Fitness

********* Road

Belleville, **

Me: Hello thank you for ordering with us today.

Please review our Gig and order a Gig extra if you want to have extra requests images / slogans etc for the gig.

One gig extra that caters to your demands will be catered to this gig for all (3) Images.

Our gig extra is the following:

Take requests or make modifications such as add logo integrated text or paragraph with image images etc

Thank you.

Buyer:

I ordered extra already.

Me: The extra that you have ordered is the following:

( Create a Total of 3 instagram/facebook status impact liners )

As said, from our understanding you would like the following:

Take requests or make modifications such as add logo integrated text or paragraph with image images etc

The is the second extra on this gig. The first Gig extra being ( a Total of 3 Images )

You can see the Extra ordered on the top of this order page.

Thank you.

Buyer: Ok ordered extra as donation. Waiting for my delivery.

Me:

That is the wrong ( Gig Extra ) Please read the Gig extra’s correctly.

The Gig extra you are demanding is the Gig extra that was repeated to you many times.

It is the following Gig Extra.

Based on the modifications you are asking for the correct gig extra is the following

The gig extra that you have just bought is a (Donation) Gig extra.

What you are asking for is modifications to the Gig which is the other Gig extra.

Thank you

Buyer: The thing us you getting your dough which I have given you. Want me to cancel?

Buyer: Pls do what is right.

Me:

I want to fulfill your order . I am explaining to your from our understanding and what you are requesting This falls in our " Gig Extra "

As stated in prior conversation.

If you send me a Donation this can not be masked as an additional Gig Extra.

Order the correct Gig Extra for your Request or demands within the Gig

You are asking for " Request of Gig " As explained to you.

Order the Gig extra that caters to your needs ( As requested )_

If you give me a Donation this does not count as a Different Gig Extra .

Order the appropriate Gig Extra that you have Requested.

Are you having trouble understanding this?

Would you like me explain to you how Gig extra’s work?

Thank you

Buyer:

Are you going to deliver or not or you want me to cancel the gig?

Me:

Order the “Correct” Gig for your Request.

read the gigs correctly.

You are requesting for us to do modifications ( This is a Gig Extra )

We will Deliver when you Decided to Order the correct Gig Extra.

We will not cancel the order since we want to deliver but you refuse to order the correct gig extra.

You have ordered the following Gig extras

1. Create a Total of 3 Images ( We are willing to do )
  2. Accept a Donation ( You sent us a Donation )

However you are request to add and modify and use your recommendation

That is the (3rd) Gig extra in our Gig. Once that is ordered we will fulfill your demands.,

Buyer:

No delivery. Job not done.

Me:

If you refuse to order the correct Gig extra and demand the work.

This is what you are doing . Do you understand this ?

You want me to create you a Gig with the Gig extra that you refuse to order ?

This is why we have Gig Extra’s

And you are a seller here on Fiverr and you are doing this?

Do you want the work done or not.

I will not cancel the Gig as I am trying to do your GIG but you Refuse to order the correct EXTRA but you want the work

Buyer:

cancel order.

Me:

This will leave a defect on my profile. I want to do the work. I disagree to cancel and harm my account because you refuse to understand,

if you refuse to order the correct Gig extra and demand the work.

I will not cancel the Gig as I am trying to do your GIG but you REFUSE to order the correct EXTRA but you want the work

I will not cancel the Gig as I am trying to do your GIG but you REFUSE to order the correct EXTRA but you want the work

Buyer:

The work is not done. I have ordered double gig even extra with bonus and seller still refuses to do the work. Please cancel the order customer service. Thank you.

Me:

That is not true. I want to do your work. YOU REFUSE TO ORDER THE CORRECT GIG EXTRA .

What are the Gig extras?

Please reread them correctly

Buyer: CANCEL

Me: You are a seller here. you know how this works . Why are you trying to STEAL from me?

ORDER the correct GIG extra and i will do your work.

You know what it says. You are a seller here

By ordering a ( 5 $Donation Gig Extra ) This not count as the 20$ Gig Extra that requests of logo design and other suggests.

You know this . this is very frustrating.

Buyer:

You’d rather take a very bad review than agree to cancellation right? Customer service please cancel the order or ask him where is the item he has delivered? Thank you.

......... And the messages go back and forth after that and so on.
Thank you everyone. Just watch out for Extortion. I spoke about this in the past. Fiverr does not take any action towards this. Get a feel for your clients. Don't let them squeeze you and get away with it.

Archived