I'm disgusted by how people are using the fiverr community as slaves or cheap labour

chaihock

I use writers to create content for my customers websites occasionally when we are over-loaded. I seek quality rather than cheap pricing but I too have to make a profit. I gauge what I am willing to pay by my experience as me and my team write over 5000 articles a year. I prefer to pay a fair wage and I know a 300 word article takes me about 15 minutes, so $5 is fair in my mind for 300-500 word articles.

Now if I was based in another country where the labor costs are drastically lower, perhaps I would have a different gauge of fair wage,

That being said, I agree that everyone here can choose what they do and how much they charge. This is truly a global economy in Fiverr with supply and demand.

Slaves or Cheap labour is under-statement. At first when i was about choosing my niche on fiverr, i Never wanted to choose my career which is Online Currency or Forex Trading as a niche because many cant afford the payment. For example, my online Forex trading training and mentorship i offer for 2months cost $430. My daily signal service cost $199monthly. Subscribing for my Forex trading Room cost $360monthly. My forex softwares cost $87each. My comprehensive forex ebooks cost $120 and so on.

But displaying my Forex trading talents and ideas on fiverr has brought the prices too cheap and low for everyone to afford.

Really fiverr is GREAT!

Join me to trade online forex… the 21st century business.

Best regards,

Paulforex

• 1 year later...

Reply to @arnevb: Actually, it does… when it comes to them demanding stuff for the low and then selling it for a high price, it does!

Not that I care so much about the fact that my work is being resold to people, I do care about the fact that the customer has unrealistic expectations for something that he’s getting for $5-20, as you can see from the messages above, they’re very demanding and uptight…obviously indicating that you’ll get into a lot of problems with this customer if you accept their offer… something like that is not worth your time or the 20 bucks that you might make from it + it’ll save your nerves and possibly your rating as well!

I agree to the fact that you shouldn’t argue with a client, but there’s 2 sides to every story, in this case … the client CHOSE to reply to the sellers message which clearly indicated that they’re not interested in their offer … cause to me, “Thank You for your time” clearly says “end of conversation” yet the client chose to reply arguing about the fact that they’ve been offered service for this price … etc!

don’t blame the seller, he did everything right!

Two questions, why are you replying “outstanding experience” to a buyer that told you she had a poor experience?

natashaleite about 1 month ago

Poor Experience

seller’s feedback:

Outstanding Experience!

Do you like getting bad reviews? I don’t. Instead you should use that opportunity to get your side of the story out.

Second, how can you do 5,000 words for $5? You’re giving the store away! You should be doing 500 to 1,000 words for $5 and then up sell for each additional 500-1000 words. That’s where the real money’s at.

Archived