Fiverr algorithm does not like me

makpall

I wanted to ask if impressions means my gig was actually viewed by people or it just apppeared on search but possibly not viewed. I tried to change my gig title, keywords and image. And was wondering if my gig image is not impressive enough or just it is not appearing on search and is not shown at all. I got only 2 orders even if I registered in May. Should I give up? How to stay motivated? It starts to seem like new sellers like me cannot compete with level 1,2 sellers and TRS.

Edited by makpall
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, makpall said:

I got only 2 orders even if I registered in May. Should I give up?

You are lucky. You already have 2 orders in 5 months.
Most new sellers still haven't received any orders after this period and probably never will.

Patience 05.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Thank you! So it means impressions are numbers when your gig could possibly appear on search but not necessarily means it was on the screen of people. I find it a little bit misleading to give these numbers as impressions to freelancers. It would be more appropriate if freelancers could see numbers of real views when people really viewed gigs. I mean I change my gig all the time but still don't know if people view these changes and if these changes positively affect my gigs. If people really view my gig and still doesn't like to choose my gigs I would know that I still need to improve it. Without knowing it it feels like changing my gigs again and again without getting feedback and takes motivation away. I hope it will change in future.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

You are lucky. You already have 2 orders in 5 months.
Most new sellers still haven't received any orders after this period and probably never will.

Patience 05.jpg

Thanks! My delivery was 2 months ago. Just started to question if there is a demand to the job I am doing. Other platforms where jobs are posted makes me believe that people need this job. However, here on Fiverr I cannot track it. I could only create gig. The only way I could track is to see if other established sellers have an order in queue. Being Fiverr freelancer is like playing the game without knowing the rules.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, makpall said:

Thanks! My delivery was 2 months ago. Just started to question if there is a demand to the job I am doing. Other platforms where jobs are posted makes me believe that people need this job. However, here on Fiverr I cannot track it. I could only create gig. The only way I could track is to see if other established sellers have an order in queue. Being Fiverr freelancer is like playing the game without knowing the rules.

You have competition.

image.png.1f93cfae66c0ab72d7829fc9e8b99589.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

You have competition.

image.png.1f93cfae66c0ab72d7829fc9e8b99589.png

Yes, i know that there are a lot of gigs. However these numbers doesn't tell a lot about the interest of people to this job. It would be great if we could see how many people searched for this particular job. Like knowing the number of buyers or trends of interest to this job would give a positive impact. I know it sounds like I am demanding a lot. I know that the thing called impression exists for this purpose but it is too general since there are a lot of new sellers who tries to look for this job to see if they get ranked higher and a lot of gig exchange platforms where people try to promote their gigs. A lot of things just in one metrics called impressions so it makes this statistics misleading.

• Like 2