Freelancers are not treated fairly by Fiverr

i just got an order canceled way after the order was finished... because i didnt update the delivered models outside the order requested by my ex client way after the order was marked as completed, in the past i had no trouble in updating them but i recently realized that time is money and fiverr just doesnt care if the order was marked as completed unless the client says so, even after the order is no longer active... they get refunded and now im minus in funds... 

Edited by johannesestay
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

I know Fiverr shouldn't do that. You could contact them and ask if they could explain why/try and get compensated.

Maybe replace "unlimited revisions" that is on all your package with a set number so that they will be less likely to keep asking for changes, even after the order is complete. Maybe put some revision policy somewhere in the gig.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I know Fiverr shouldn't do that. You could contact them and ask if they could explain why/try and get compensated.

Maybe replace "unlimited revisions" that is on all your package with a set number so that they will be less likely to keep asking for changes, even after the order is complete. Maybe put some revision policy somewhere in the gig.

i understand your point, but i see it as revisions while the order is active, because as of now fiverr lets the client use as many revisions as they like even if the freelancer can set a "limit", and i have no trouble in making revisions until we, the client and i are satisfied on both ends, revisions shouldn't apply outside the order...

Edited by johannesestay
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, johannesestay said:

i have no trouble in making revisions until we, the client and i are satisfied on both ends, revisions shouldn't apply outside the order...

I agree, but like I said, check with customer support how they interpret the rules. It might be that the expect sellers who have unlimited reviisons to keep doing them even after the order is complete (even though they shouldn't really). Maybe it depends how soon after the completion they ask for a revision (after a certain amount of time you might not have all the source files needed). If CS do expect that then lowering it to a set amount would help (eg. if you put 5 revisions in the package and they'd used 4 of them in the order, then when it was completed they then asked for another then that 1 revision could be done but no others, as they'd have used 5 in total then). But if you are allowed you could put "revisions only until order complete" or something in gig description/FAQ (check with CS that's not against the rules though).

• Like 1