How many 5 star reviews does it take to negate a 1 star review?

domenikbrenner

Question

Yet again with the mythical private reviews...

I had a troublesome order with a client that led to a not so great review probably. I never actually saw the review but I saw the success score going down and being at risk pretty much right after. 

Now since I got the warning I had 8-10 or so 5 star reviews in the same gig, but yet my success score has not bettered itself one bit. The "client satisfaction" has a "strong negative effect" on my profile and despite all the good 5 star reviews, it didn't change at all since. I didn't expect it to be perfect again right away, but I thought 8-10 5 star reviews would at least better it by one point or so, or at the very least turn "strong negative effect" into "negative effect". 

You can't satisfy everyone all the time, and if you dissatisfy someone once it doesn't mean that the other 8 people who loved your service don't count?? 

Or doesn't it count if you have repeat orders (which in my mind are even better because it meant you are so great, they want to work with you again)?

I am going to get demoted in 2 days and I tried my best to sell the problematic gig more often and save my success score and now I just want to know how much I need to do to "redeem" myself.

Edited by domenikbrenner
  • Like 3

1 answer to this question

You will find very few sellers on the forum who see their success scores increase. There are some, but they are rare.
Most sellers stay at the same score or go down.
Now and then I manage to get a gig's score up, or sometimes a gig's score drops. I usually don't know why.

My success score started at 9 and is still at 9 after 7 months. I deliver an average of 20 orders per month, 98% of these orders have received a 5-star review. That is 100+ 5-star reviews in 7 months.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK: The 8-10 orders with a 5-star review that you are talking about only have an effect on a gig that is recent, in my opinion. With an old gig (like I have many) this has no effect because an old gig drags along a long history that influences the gig's score. The history of the gig is viewed 2 years in the past. So it can take a very long time for something that was dragging down the gig score to disappear.

• Like 2
  • Up 1