False Positive Warning

ilvion19

Question

Hi everyone,

I need advice on a recent issue with my Fiverr account. I received two warnings regarding orders (FO3C8920C841 and FO1C87A80C43) placed by my brother-in-law, using my laptop for his companies. I didn’t know this was against Fiverr’s policies.

The first warning came a month ago, after both orders were completed. Despite my efforts to improve my profile without new orders, I received a second warning a month later for the same issue, resulting in my account being disabled.

Has anyone experienced this or have advice on how to approach Fiverr support to review the second warning?

Thanks in advance!

Best, Ilvion R

• Like 2

This is tricky - because how can Fiverr know that you're telling the truth? I'm not saying you aren't - but looking at from the outside definitely makes it sound odd. 

My fiancé works in the same field as I do for a big company and so he COULD potentially need my services but we wouldn't do it this way (... I also wouldn't charge him, but still). It feels a bit odd to me as well that you would do something like this. Now - maybe (and from what you are saying, likely) your heart was in the right place, but proving this will be hard.

Why would someone with a business travel without their own laptop? Why couldn't they order your services on their phone or iPad? 

It does sound potentially suspicious (knowing how Fiverr has so much suspicious activity) right? 

I think it will be hard for you to prove your truth - but you might be able to do it. However, I wouldn't be too surprised if your warnings stayed. 

That being said, I truly hope I'm wrong!

Gather all the papers you have, maybe info about your relative's business and send those through. That might help but it's hard to know. 

• Like 1
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, katakatica said:

This is tricky - because how can Fiverr know that you're telling the truth? I'm not saying you aren't - but looking at from the outside definitely makes it sound odd. 

My fiancé works in the same field as I do for a big company and so he COULD potentially need my services but we wouldn't do it this way (... I also wouldn't charge him, but still). It feels a bit odd to me as well that you would do something like this. Now - maybe (and from what you are saying, likely) your heart was in the right place, but proving this will be hard.

Why would someone with a business travel without their own laptop? Why couldn't they order your services on their phone or iPad? 

It does sound potentially suspicious (knowing how Fiverr has so much suspicious activity) right? 

I think it will be hard for you to prove your truth - but you might be able to do it. However, I wouldn't be too surprised if your warnings stayed. 

That being said, I truly hope I'm wrong!

Gather all the papers you have, maybe info about your relative's business and send those through. That might help but it's hard to know. 

Thank you for your perspective. I understand how it may appear suspicious from an outside viewpoint, especially given the prevalence of fraudulent activity on Fiverr. I appreciate your candid thoughts and suggestions for gathering supporting evidence for Customer Support.

Just to clarify, my brother-in-law visited Albania for a holiday and did not have his laptop with him. Since I live here, he used my laptop to place his order. Unfortunately, he couldn't access Fiverr on his phone or iPad due to his company's strict IT security policies that block certain applications on mobile devices. Additionally, he needed an official invoice for compliance with his company’s guidelines. That's why I charged him and chose to complete the transaction on Fiverr, despite potential complications, to stay within the platform's rules.

While proving intent may be challenging, I am hopeful that providing detailed information about my relative's legitimate need for the services will help clarify the situation. Thanks again for your input—I genuinely hope for a positive resolution as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ilvion19 said:

Thanks for your insight. It's always amusing when new sellers try to school others without fully understanding the platform. 😊 I've been around long enough to know that policies can fluctuate and aren't always crystal clear. But don’t worry, while you're busy speculating, I'll be making strides towards resolving my issue and getting back in the game. Ignorance might not be an excuse, but confidence and resilience are key to success. Best of luck with your selling journey! 🚀

Again sorry to learn you're in a frustrating situation. I know I'm a new seller and don't carry the faculty to school someone of your calibre! 

Still, if I may, would ask you a few questions to understand the situation correctly. 

1. Why would you allow a platform to take 20 percent off of your earrings when your brother in law was able to give you the money in cash/in person? Did you need the reviews and sacrificed your 20 percent? 

2. The purchasing pattern unfortunately shows that both orders were of $10 each and placed within a week from a device you personally use. Did that mean a single order was split into two so you may receive two reviews instead of one? 

3. If I were in your situation, I would've asked my brother in law to immediately give me the money (without a 20 percent cut and a two weeks waiting period plus withdrawal fee), if I wouldn't need the reviews.  Did you give a thought to that? 

I really wish and pray you get your account back. 

16 hours ago, tauseefabbaskhn said:

Again sorry to learn you're in a frustrating situation. I know I'm a new seller and don't carry the faculty to school someone of your calibre! 

Still, if I may, would ask you a few questions to understand the situation correctly. 

1. Why would you allow a platform to take 20 percent off of your earrings when your brother in law was able to give you the money in cash/in person? Did you need the reviews and sacrificed your 20 percent? 

2. The purchasing pattern unfortunately shows that both orders were of $10 each and placed within a week from a device you personally use. Did that mean a single order was split into two so you may receive two reviews instead of one? 

3. If I were in your situation, I would've asked my brother in law to immediately give me the money (without a 20 percent cut and a two weeks waiting period plus withdrawal fee), if I wouldn't need the reviews.  Did you give a thought to that? 

I really wish and pray you get your account back. 

He needed an official invoice for compliance with his company’s guidelines. That's why I charged him and chose to complete the transaction on Fiverr, despite potential complications, to stay within the platform's rules.