Client not responding - I am very confused please help out

faariha_sajid

Question

The client is a select buyer with 5 star rating. I delivered the order 7 days ago. He put it in revision, communicated what he wanted changed and I shared(haven't yet delivered) the revised designs. He seemed satisfied and asked me to make a mockup as well to get an idea of how the design would look on a shirt. I did as asked. It's been 4 days now and he hasn't yet shared any feedback or anything. I want to ensure that he is happy with the final designs before I deliver them. I have reached out to him twice, he has approved like 4 other orders he placed with other freelancers in this time period. 

If he is not happy with the designs he should be communicating with me. I have assured him that I would make any required modifications happily.

He is constantly online and has been responsive until now. What can I do?

• Like 1
  • Up 1

2 answers to this question

I've noticed that you said he "seemed" satisfied with what you have produced. Are you doubtful whether he's actually happy with what he received?

If he is happy: Great! this could mean that he loved what he got and just moved on. 

If he is unhappy: he couldn't be bothered to ask for more revisions, as he's not confident it'll be any better. So he just moved on without wasting his time. 

You can determine this by looking at the messages. 

Something important to note is that you cannot make everybody happy regardless of how skilled you are (which is probably not even considered by the "algorithm". But I digress). 

I would suggest going ahead and delivering the order again if you have already completed the revisions he asked for. 

If you had sent him the finalized copies of the revised versions, I'm guessing he got what he wanted and moved on. Which isn't a bad thing. But this can prevent you from getting a lot of reviews for the "algorithm".

What I do is, I always send screenshots to the client via the order page for feedback, and only deliver the finalized images in the order delivery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, creative_howl said:

I've noticed that you said he "seemed" satisfied with what you have produced. Are you doubtful whether he's actually happy with what he received?

If he is happy: Great! this could mean that he loved what he got and just moved on. 

If he is unhappy: he couldn't be bothered to ask for more revisions, as he's not confident it'll be any better. So he just moved on without wasting his time. 

You can determine this by looking at the messages. 

Something important to note is that you cannot make everybody happy regardless of how skilled you are (which is probably not even considered by the "algorithm". But I digress). 

I would suggest going ahead and delivering the order again if you have already completed the revisions he asked for. 

If you had sent him the finalized copies of the revised versions, I'm guessing he got what he wanted and moved on. Which isn't a bad thing. But this can prevent you from getting a lot of reviews for the "algorithm".

What I do is, I always send screenshots to the client via the order page for feedback, and only deliver the finalized images in the order delivery. 

Hi thanks. He asked for some revisions that I made, shared a few design concepts that he thanked for and told me that he would consult his team before he tells me which one of the concepts he likes the most. He then did finalize one and asked me to make a mockup of it. He hasn't responded to any messages after that.  I have shared the ss of the design- haven't delivered the proper file yet. And I am paranoid that if I deliver the file he might leave a bad review/cancel because he didn't really give a final approval you know

• Like 2