Seeking Advice on Account Flagging Issue Due to Misunderstanding

dhia_eddine_ben

Question

Dear Fiverr Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I would like to clarify my situation from the beginning to provide context. I am a freelancer specializing in web development and programming, handling various related tasks.

I started my Fiverr account on January 1, 2023. Since then, I have received over 50 orders and more than 40 five-star reviews. As you can see, I have had many satisfied clients, with only occasional misunderstandings, which I handle gracefully and professionally.

The Problem at Hand

In April, I decided to diversify my offerings by creating a new video editing gig alongside my web development services, having recently acquired skills in short-form video editing. During this period, a client requested a quote for video editing work. Unfortunately, I was overwhelmed with web development projects and couldn’t take on the new task. To assist the client, I referred them to a trusted colleague with whom I had previously collaborated.

However, I mistakenly referred to this colleague's account as my "main account for video editing," which led to confusion. The client informed me that this was a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service (TOS). I clarified that it was not my main account but that of a seller I had worked with. Unfortunately, the client reported me to Customer Support.

Flagged Account Status

A few days later, I received a notification that my account was flagged for location inconsistencies and being related to another account that breached TOS. I immediately contacted Customer Support to explain the situation, providing my identity card and offering all relevant documents to prove my innocence. I even suggested that they verify the identity of the other account to confirm that we are different individuals.

Customer Support Response

Despite my efforts, Customer Support’s response was not positive. They maintained that the decision was final and that my account was flagged for being related to another account that violated TOS. When I requested further clarification, they cited security reasons for not sharing additional information.

Seeking Solutions

I am now at an impasse with Customer Support and have not received a satisfactory resolution, despite providing all necessary proof of my innocence. I have noticed that other users in this forum have experienced similar issues, where their flagged status was eventually revoked.

I am reaching out to seek advice on possible solutions. Is there any other way to proceed that I might not be aware of? I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions from those who have successfully navigated a similar situation.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for your assistance.

Kind regards,

1 answer to this question

Hi there!

Thanks for your inquiry. I see that your account was flagged because it was linked to an account that was previously closed due to violating our policies. 

Our teams have thoroughly reviewed your case, and unfortunately, we are unable to remove the flag. 

I understand this may be disheartening to hear, but I do wish you all the best in your endeavors. 

• Like 1