Seeking Advice on Handling a Difficult Client and Preventing Blackmail

lawyerkhalid22

Hello everyone,

I’m a freelance lawyer on Fiverr, and I’m seeking advice on dealing with a challenging situation with a client. I recently completed an order for this client, which involved drafting and sending a demand letter on their behalf. The order was completed, and the client even left a review. However, the client did not receive a response from the opposing party and requested another letter for free, which I provided out of goodwill.

Now, the client is threatening to report me to Fiverr and is speaking inappropriately. They are unhappy with the lack of response from the opposing party and are blaming me, despite my explaining that the outcome is beyond my control once the letter is sent.

I’ve tried my best to handle the situation professionally, but the client continues to make unreasonable demands and has even implied blackmail to report me.

I’m seeking guidance from the Fiverr community on how to handle this client while protecting my reputation and preventing potential blackmail. Has anyone dealt with similar situations, and how did you navigate them? Any tips on involving Fiverr Support effectively in such cases would also be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support and advice!

• Like 2

If what you say is exactly as it is, then the client has no basis to report you. They are either foolish or are trying to threaten you to get free work. Don't take a new project from them, maintain your politeness and professionalism throughout the conversation no matter how degraded said client gets, and simply refuse any more free work. All of that should go without saying.

Secondly, their behavior is highly inappropriate and objectionable. If you can create some content with an email to the Fiverr support team and include screenshots as evidence as well (even though they can visualize the conversations) and send it, there's no reason to think that they will not side with you. I am aware that the Fiverr support can be unfair at times and unjustifiably side with the buyers, but if, once again, everything is as you say, then this buyer is ruining their case (no pun intended) with their own hands.

I haven't handled someone who shot themselves in the foot this blatantly. My very few bitter experiences on Fiverr have only been with the more subtle type.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1