Need Advice on Wordpress Website Service - Dealing with Clients

centre0102

Question

Hey Fiverr Community!

I'm planning on becoming a Wordpress Developer soon and had 3 questions concerning clients and gig structuring as it relates to creating Wordpress sites. I would love it if those who are experienced in this line of work could help me out.

1. How should I set up MailChimp for clients? Since you need to make an account for the API keys as well as other important info that comes with that account, should I create an email account and pass over access to the client upon order completion?
  2. Concerning hosting, I know clients may have their own pre-existing options or ones that their interested in that I'll have to use as long as they support Wordpress. Should I add a disclaimer in the FAQ and even Order Form that I can't be held responsible for slow load speed or any other issues that come with a poor hosting provider? I plan on suggesting a decent hosting for clients, but in the case they don't use it, I don't want to be blamed for something out of my control. (also if anyone knows of any good hosting for a reasonable price that I can recommend, please let me know).
  3. How do you ensure that a client pays after completing an order? After doing some research, it seems that other Wordpress devs upload the finished website to the client's hosting and then in order to appease Fiverr, send a screenshot so that something is delivered. I've looked up Fiverr's process on orders and how the seller must deliver the final product to the client in order for them to either accept or reject the order. What prevents the client from just rejecting the delivery when they already have the site? Do I upload the final site after they accept the delivery? Isn't that against TOS?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Hey there!

For MailChimp, I usually create a new email just for that account and give the client the details when the job is done. Keeps things clean and separate.

As for hosting, definitely put a disclaimer about not being responsible for hosting issues in your FAQ or Order Form. I’ve had clients use awful hosts before, so it’s worth covering yourself. For good hosting, I’ve had great experiences with SiteGround and Bluehost—they’re reliable and not too expensive.

When it comes to payments, I make sure to deliver the final product through Fiverr’s system before giving the client access to the site. It’s a bit of a balancing act, but this way you’re following Fiverr’s TOS and protecting yourself.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kinfredr said:

Hey there!

For MailChimp, I usually create a new email just for that account and give the client the details when the job is done. Keeps things clean and separate.

As for hosting, definitely put a disclaimer about not being responsible for hosting issues in your FAQ or Order Form. I’ve had clients use awful hosts before, so it’s worth covering yourself. For good hosting, I’ve had great experiences with SiteGround and Bluehost—they’re reliable and not too expensive.

When it comes to payments, I make sure to deliver the final product through Fiverr’s system before giving the client access to the site. It’s a bit of a balancing act, but this way you’re following Fiverr’s TOS and protecting yourself.

First, thanks a lot for answering! Yeah, I figured that handling MailChimp account creation as well as making a disclaimer for hosting would be good. Could you elaborate on how you deliver the final product through Fiverr's system? Since I'm uploading the site to the client's hosting, are you suggesting that I do all of that but prevent client access to the site until they accept the order?

• Like 1