review on canceled order

today i have canceled order with a buyer who was abbusing the revision buton for days, with 0 communicatiuon so the only solution i had is to cancel his order, after that i was suprised that he left a 1 star review for this cancelde order, i tought this feature was not applicable according to a post By Shiran.M on June 21, 2023 she claim that this feature is not applicable yet, here's exactly what she said:

"we have decided to take more time to work on improvements before the implementation of the canceled orders reviews option"

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Buyers can leave a review if the order was delivered. If the order has no delivery and it's still active, canceling will not allow the buyer to leave a review. However, if you delivered the order, and it seems you did since you have revisions.. then the system worked as intended.

21 minutes ago, seocrawl said:

June 21, 2023 she claim that this feature is not applicable yet, here's exactly what she said:

"we have decided to take more time to work on improvements before the implementation of the canceled orders reviews option"

It's when the feature first launched and they decided to take a bit more time until fully releasing it with some changes. But as I said, if the order as a delivery then it is subject to a review for canceled orders. So even if you canceled, you still get reviewed. That's because a lot of people were abusing cancellations and they were trying to curate their reviews.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, seocrawl said:

i tought this feature was not applicable according to a post By Shiran.M on June 21, 2023 she claim that this feature is not applicable yet, here's exactly what she said:

According to my SPM, the buyer can leave a public review, but not a private review, which is far more damaging. 

• Like 8

22 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Buyers can leave a review if the order was delivered. If the order has no delivery and it's still active, canceling will not allow the buyer to leave a review. However, if you delivered the order, and it seems you did since you have revisions.. then the system worked as intended.

It's when the feature first launched and they decided to take a bit more time until fully releasing it with some changes. But as I said, if the order as a delivery then it is subject to a review for canceled orders. So even if you canceled, you still get reviewed. That's because a lot of people were abusing cancellations and they were trying to curate their reviews.

but it is also a way for buyers to scam, and with this feature sellers has no protection over buyers who are hard to deal with, in my case it was the only solution as the buyer didn't has the intention to solve the issue, and giving him the opportunity to review the work who will be obviously a negative review is like fiverr punishing any seller who make a cancellation.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

According to my SPM, the buyer can leave a public review, but not a private review, which is far more damaging. 

yes it is more damaging as the buyer will definitely give a 1 star review with a very bad comment that could mislead potential new clients

• Like 5

2 hours ago, seocrawl said:

but it is also a way for buyers to scam, and with this feature sellers has no protection over buyers who are hard to deal with, in my case it was the only solution as the buyer didn't has the intention to solve the issue, and giving him the opportunity to review the work who will be obviously a negative review is like fiverr punishing any seller who make a cancellation.

That's the idea. In the old days, before this method, if you canceled, there was no real penalty. Many sellers abused it and that's why you would have people with perfect review scores. It's obviously not real because those people curated their reviews. They were canceling when people were not ok. And I think the main reason why Fiverr also introduced this is because there were lots of unhappy buyers on the forum and I assume customer support where they said they want to leave a review, because the seller took weeks or months over the deadline to deliver and wasted their time and money, some lost certain opportunities, etc. 

That's why this system exists. It's controversial, of course, because in some cases, innocent sellers will get hurt because they encounter a bad buyer. But it also punishes sellers that want to curate their reviews. Which I assume did happen quite a lot. So you can see there's a reason behind this decision.

As for your situation, why is the buyer asking for revisions? Aren't they telling you what is the issue? Since you already delivered the order, if you cancel, the buyer can leave a review. They won't always leave a review, but it depends on the interactions that you had with that buyer, etc. 

• Like 4