From 3 Orders to $1 Million: My Fiverr tale

Yes of course this is possible!  

@phoebe_johnson I am wondering how long it took you to reach $1m? 

I am almost at $180k and I have been at it since 2018. Like you, my first year was a bit dismal but my attitude was thinking that people were paying me to learn.

It takes great support from your immediate family, your husband and children. The timelines for swift communication can be very challenging and some people just can’t deal with being timed on everything. After a while it becomes habit which is amazing!!!

You rock!!!

• Like 4

On 6/6/2024 at 12:13 AM, phoebe_johnson said:

Hello Everyone!

I’m super happy to share some amazing news. I’ve hit the $1 million mark on Fiverr last month! 🎉

Let me take you back to where it all started. Picture this: it’s a evening, and I’m sitting in my mother's apartment, scrolling through the Fiverr forum, reading success stories, and wondering if I could ever be one of those people. I had just created my first gig, a little nervous, don't know why but my hands were shaking still full of hope.

1. Love What You Do

When I kicked off, it was all about passion for playing with codes, so it never felt like a chore. If you love what you’re doing, it shows, and clients can totally tell.

2. Keep at It

The beginning wasn’t smooth sailing. In the last seven months of my first year, I only got three orders, and one of them was canceled right away. There were slow days and moments of doubt. But I kept pushing through, delivering quality work, meeting deadlines, and communicating well with clients. Slowly but surely, my ratings and reviews started to reflect my dedication.

3. Always Be Learning

Fiverr changes, and so do industry trends. I kept learning new skills and improving my game. Take courses, watch tutorials, and ask for feedback. Stay sharp and adaptable.

4. Top-Notch Customer Service

Treat every client like they’re gold. Be responsive, fix any issues fast, and go the extra mile. Happy clients come back and spread the word.

5. Build Your Brand

Create a strong profile that stands out. Make sure your gig descriptions are on point.

6. Be Smart with Money

As I started making more, I made sure to reinvest in my skills enhancement.

7. Get Involved

The Fiverr forum and community were huge for me. I learned a lot from others and shared my own tips. Engaging with the community keeps you motivated and informed.

It’s been a wild ride with lots of hard work and late nights, but it’s all been worth it. If I can do it, you can too. Stay passionate, keep grinding, and your success story will happen.

Big shoutout to Fiverr for giving freelancers like us a platform to shine.

Thank you Everyone

image.png

wOW... Congratulations. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...